THE BUSH COACH WILL NEVER QUIT 🤣🤣

If Brad Arthur had any decency he would step down and give Eels' fans some happiness.

What’s The Buzz: Brad Arthur rubbishes suggestions he is set to quit Eels

Parramatta coach Brad Arthur fires up over speculation he is set to depart the club and talk that his players lack the fitness to compete in the NRL.

We had a terse exchange when I phoned him last week to ask if he would walk away from the job if his team failed to make the top eight for the second year in a row.

You were on NRL 360 spraying the hell out of me,” he said. “You’re saying I’m not the right person for this job. If you don’t think I can coach, fair enough, but you need to own what you said.”

My comments about his future were made after the Eels’ capitulation in Darwin two weeks ago against an understrength Dolphins side – on a night he himself said “we gave up.”

So I put it to Arthur that there was talk he would quit if the team failed to make the top eight, taking the decision off the club administration.

“I don’t know who told you that rubbish,” he said, “I won’t be walking away from anything. Never.

b31e0dc22df2c3dee074806f236f0306

“I’m not going to walk out on the team. We’ll fight our way out of it. The club can make whatever decision they feel is right, but I’m not walking away.”

Arthur’s Eels have been dubbed the NRL’s 40-minute footy team.

Fox Sports Lab stats reveal Parramatta would be running second in the competition behind the Broncos on a first-half premiership ladder this year. But they drop to 14th for second-half performances.

Arthur denied the players were not fit enough.

“It’s got nothing to do with our fitness or that we’re getting tired,” he said.

“We’re not managing the game properly. We’re beating ourselves with second-half fade outs and we’ve got to fix it. The bottom line is we’ve got to play for 80 minutes.”

The Eels have won just three of their eight games this year.

They have the bye this weekend but then two tough games against the Broncos and Melbourne Storm, both without skipper Clint Gutherson and halfback Mitchell Moses.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Poppa i have been hot and cold on BA for a while now. I do not like how flip floppy i am but i can tell you at times the bloke gets on my nerves that much it makes me angry hahaha.

• LB, there is nothing wrong with being flip floppy because it means you have a flexible approach to life in general. There are few miserable bastards on here that are so stilted in their life perceptions they may as well be brain dead.

• You can't help stupid I guess...

Anyone with a brain and a set of eyes knows exactly why he won't relenquish his power.

#1. He has zero other options - other suitors aren't as stupid as our club so the chances of him landing this type of high paying gig is close to zero IMO.

#2. He would want to ensure he is around to push his second sons barrow - from all the previous opinions from our most esteemed experts on here, MA will be the next immortal. I on the other hand can see a kid with ability, but nowhere near the JH talent all the experts on here, TCT and LU claim.

• Ignorance is bliss they say!!

Now really nice story Pops, now tell someone who actually gives a fark.

• And you know Buzz, as soon as it starts getting personal he will make it his goal to build the pressure on BA from here on in...

• Who could forget he got a 31 broken down watmough on a 4 year deal ffs 

• Hahaha, kendoza that will always go down as one of the worst. But watmough was part of the deal to get Foran, if Foran didn't go off the rails at that point it wouldn't of looked so bad. Plus BA rorted the crap out of the insurance policy that just came in about retiring injured players getting the full contract paid out. At least than he was willing to have a go and try things 😂

• And people wonder why they took the sole recruitment key off BA? The guys definitely not an account but he's pretty good at looking after his mates.

• Well you must have borrowed Wiz's licence to exaggerate to the point of being blind and ignorant Heisen. 

1. He is in love with Parramatta football side, not money, that;s why he won't throw it in.

2. He made a mistake with Jake, who hasn't seen things through "rose coloured glasses?.

3. I think every one that has been complimentary about MA has done so as a realisation of his potential. No one is saying he will be the next immortal or JH.

4. He would probably admit that if he does go (BA) one of the consoling factors would not being accused of nepotism over MA.

I personally think MA is a genuine talent, whereas Jake never was at the same stage of their development. As a parent I have always taken the view that if your children have talent, it will come to the top eventually. There is no point in putting them outside their comfort zone. We are only parents over a short space of time, wisdom in parenthood involves being mistaken sometimes.

My then 17 year old (now nearly 20) grandson was picked to play First Grade Cricket at this young age, was in all the squads and his potential was being lauded by Qld Cricket.

My son coaches that first grade cricket side and he (my grandson) has given the game away when he passed his exams to be a doctor and has just completed his first year of Univerity. Not one negative comment was passed by his father or me (Poppa) in giving the sport away at that level. Notwithstanding he had a god given  talent in that sport.

Yes we were dissapointed but having your father as your coach and his grandfather as a past President was maybe too much to go with his studies.

The only reason I am saying this was ( he never said so) that the stigma of nepotism was around because this all happened when JA went through the Parra thing.

He is a passionate Parra supporter, I remember in the dark days when he was about 6 years old he had to be consoled when Parra lost a game (plenty of them at that time). He was very conscious of everything Parra did in the game all through his childhood.

I only say this as to how kids can/maybe effected by callous comments that can be made by so called fans of the team and game.

I don't believe we should be talking negatively about what BA might do or not with MA as his career is tossed around on this site.

• To be fair that was Scott Seward. The board and BA agreed to 3 years, Seward added an extra year. The Watmough deal was to add experience but on top of that was to lure Foran that was the plan all along. It worked, for a season.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Perpetual Motion replied to Sterlo's Nose's discussion Dragons’ secret plot to poach teen prodigy
"Isaac Moses doesnt manage Lomax."
55 minutes ago
LB posted a discussion
Ethyn Martin, his second try showed what we are lacking in terms of a Winger. Showed a nice mixture of pace, strength, agility and balance. He is raw, very raw, but his ceiling is very high. The fact he was sitting in Ron Massey for more than half…
1 hour ago
Perpetual Motion replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion David Armstrong
"Joey Johns has called Fletcher Sharpe a generational talent but he was injured when Ponga went down.
They also have Will Price who they hope will develop into a high class player.
Voltano is younger but may end up being the best of the crop."
1 hour ago
adnan replied to Frankie Fong's discussion ANOTHER COWARD IS FOUND
"Heard she is a parra supporter"
1 hour ago
More…