Tex Hoy

Released by Hull. Anyone rate him?

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hahaha the kid has played 3 games. Two at 5/8 which he hadn't trained or anything at for yonks. Especially in the first grade team he has never. If you don't think the kid has speed and lateral movement poppa you better go to spec savers. He has scored a heap of long range tries by the way. 

Centre, wing and full back is his go for now. Fullback and 5/8 down the track. 

A great junior prospect and people are already putting him down. Give the kid a chance and will be a great asset for the club for years to come. 

• Listen clearly Bradley.....I know that's what your mother used to say, and of course I understand that mum was very strict with you....

But I did not mention lateral movement, I actuallly said he is a good mover that shows promise, poor defensively and if you look at his highlights he does not score long range tries.

He is also not quick! now would you argue with any of those?

I am also conscious of my seemingly putting him down. The reason I have taken that stance is that he is going to be an enormous letdown if we create this image of something he is not. I also said I hope he succeeeds.

No one is more conducive to encourage young players than me, but one of the cares in encouraging youngsters is keeping them grounded, unless they are so good as to not need to do that. 

Brown, Penisini, Mahoney were all youngsters that were justifiably pushed to first grade as quickly as possible, I defended those moves (even knowing at that stage Mahoney was a hog).

IMO Blaize does not show me he is at their level at the respective stages of their careers. I am a great believer in bringing talent straight into First Grade because I am sceptical about how much damage gets done to them playing with gumbies in reggies. In Blaize's case I would like him to show he can defend as a first grader, the attack will come with time, but to justify that initial promotion he cannot be allowed to miss tackles like he has.

• Hahaha, pop's you are to easy to get going. Don't take you continence aid off tonight, you will wet the bed again. I'm bloody sick of telling you.

Lateral movement was just my add in and I reckon it's pretty good in him. 

You make some good points mate, but if he played all 3 games in the centres, you would be thinking differently. He was out of position in the 5/8 and silly move by ba doing that with him so fresh. 

I wouldn't be surprised if blaize comes on at fullback and gutho pushes up into the halves. 

• He's quicker but there are concerning reports about his attitude.

• Every other club has really quick wingers and centres coming out of their wazoo... Why can't we at least find one ????

• Hull F.C. have been diabolical this year but apparently Tex Hoy was one of their "better" players. I guess he would be a decent back up but he's not really a first grader I think.

• I find that hard to accept Steely, every winger we have looked at and rejected has some how managed to get to first grade and be much quicker than anything we have. Anyone with a name like Tex has to be tough, none more so than his brother "Sue".

• Tex Hoy isn't a winger though, he's a fullback. 

• sorry sneaky nah .....lol   

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Bob Smith replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Gutho Knee Surgery out for 5 weeks.
"Indeed. Once he was off last year we fell apart. There's gonna be multiple 40-0 odd scorelines coming up."
1 minute ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Inside Info's discussion Who is D.Brown referring to
"O'Neilll, Arthur and O'Neill have bumped heads for a couple of seasons now.  That'd be my guess.  Players as we know are rallying around Arthur so someone in theire is not , ain't barrettt . "
7 minutes ago
Darren Munro replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Gutho Knee Surgery out for 5 weeks.
"Gutho hasn't been right all season. Why was he kicking on 1 leg last week?  Is this why Cini played fb in reserves a few weeks ago? "
8 minutes ago
adnan replied to Inside Info's discussion Who is D.Brown referring to
" the dressing room is not united. its obvious on the field
 "
10 minutes ago
More…