Ryan Matterson Ruled Out against Dragons

Ryan Matterson has been ruled out of tomorrow's clash against the Dragons due to ongoing concussion rehabilitation.. I'm not sure who is his replacement but I would suggest maybe Hipgrave.

The following is from the Eels Website:

Parramatta Eels second rower Ryan Matterson has been ruled out of tomorrow’s Round Five clash against the St George Illawarra Dragons suffering ongoing symptoms of concussion. 

The Club has been closely monitoring Ryan since the incident in Round Two and as a precaution he will miss tomorrow’s game. The Eels’ playing squad will be updated at 6:15pm.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• One more concussion and he will be spending 8+ weeks on the sidelines.

• Hope hes okay, geez imagine if they did concussion test the bloggers on this site, fail, fsil, fail, faill 🤑🤑🤑😂😂😂 but seriously take what ya need, come from a guy eith 2 major brain injuries from accidents its super important to be ready snt I feel good enough to play get better Matto

• Exactly+++

• There’s not many things I’ve complained about on this site...but eff me for some people to call Matto soft etc for not returning takes the cake for most idiotic comments ever!! Pull your heads in! Not all concussions are the same...some can take months.

lets leave plumbing to the plumbers and serious medical issues to the doctors to handle and decide on!

How would it suit Matto to sit it out or the club likewise. Imagine not being right and putting your head in the wrong spot with 100kilo of muscle charging at you. (Think tepai repeated concussions) At the very least, how would that siiut Matto the team or anyone.

oh and btw this does impact Matto in the middle of contract negotiations.

get well soon Matto!

• Well said, concussions can really mess with your abilities and judgement. One wrong tackle and it's goodnight again. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

MeelK replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I'd sign for that."
3 hours ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Look i think it is more than just being put on the Wing. I think Flanno is a reason. Wanting to play semi's is another.
I think a move away will be an awakening for Lomax. He was on with Fltech and Hindy with Lawrie in 2022 and he mimicked Griffin.…"
4 hours ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"600k is OK for the right winger. The Panthers sets are built on what their back 3 do on tackle one. The more momentum at the start of a set the more expansive a team can play but if our back three are getting smashed on tackle one and two it puts…"
4 hours ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Agree , need to keep him. "
4 hours ago
More…