Round One Team Prediction

I reckon one of Matterson and Lane to miss out. The depth in the team next year is outstanding

1. Gutherson
  2. Simmonson
  3. Blake
  4. Penisini
  5. Dunster
  6. Brown
  7. Moses
  8. Paulo
  9. Mahoney
  10. Campbell-Gillard
  11. Papalli
  12. Niukore
  13. Brown
  14. Cartwright
  15. Stone
  16. Matterson/Lane
  17. Greig

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Someone forgot to tell Burton & Capewell how it works then, AppEEL.

Fair enough if that’s your opinion though.
                Personally feel they’ll be more determined than ever. Knowing they’re no chance of a premiership in the next 3-4 years where they’re going, what better way to leave for your big pay day than to win one now. Every first grade player talks about how much they’d love a premiership, they clearly don’t come easily, they’re not going to jeopardise an opportunity just to stay injury free.
                Plus I don’t think it’s in Marata’s or Stones DNA to not play at 120%. Papa, we can cover if he gets lazy.
              • Sounds like you speak from experience. Did you dog it on your teamates one year in z grade.

• Woof, woof

• 1. Gutho 2. Dunster 3. Blake 4. Penisini 5. Simonnson. 6. Brown 7. Moses 8. RCG 9. Rein 10. Paulo 11. Lane 12. Matterson 13. N Brown 14. Cartwright 15. Kaufusi 16. French ( if he joins Eels) 17. Rodwell or Krakatoa

• 1. Gutho

2. Dunster 

3. Blake

4. Penisini 

5. Simmonson 

6. Brown

7. Moses

8. RCG

9. Mahoney 

10. Paulo

11. Lane

12. Matterson 

13. Brown

14. Rein

15. Nuikore 

16. Papalii 

17. Kaufusi 

I think we are stronger with Papalii and Nuikore starting in the back row but they are going so reward the players that are staying (as long as form is acceptable). I would have rein on the bench to start the season because I doubt Mahoney will get through 80 mins..

• You play mahoney every possible minute, if he's busted you strap him up and throw him out there. You squeeze every little bit out of him and hope we drained him all out for when he joins the bulldogs.

If he wants the club to look after him, he should've looked after the club that made him who he is today. Hes turned around and bit the hand that fed him when he signed the contract with the bulldogs for 50-100k more. you play the pup until he's a busted heep get him and his bung shoulder on the field as soon as possible, give him no rest not even a minute.

If you wana rest him, rest him in reserve grade for the whole season and let him develope playing against second string players. Either squeeze every little inch of him or let him sleep in reserve grade for the whole year knocking back his development.

• Couldn't have said it better myself. Agree 100%

• 1 gutho

2 simmonson 

3 blake

4 penisini 

5 dunster

6 Brown

7 moses

8 Paulo

9 rein 

10 r g c

11 lane

12 papa

13 Matterson 

Brown

Kufusi 

Niko

Stone

• I am surprised people don't have more time for Grieg. He is the ideal low-minute prop coming from the bench. In the few short stints he had last year, without a proper pre-season with us, he bent the line consistently and gave great go-forward without shying away from work in defence. He will also get the crowd involved, which is awesome for shifting momentum. Likewise Stone also provides impact from the bench, with momentum shifting defence; and Cartwright with a fresh point of difference in attack. Niukore and Pappali are the premier big minute backrowers in the team at he moment with both capable of maintaining the range for close to 80 minutes. Mahoney over Rein no questions. Rein is great backup at hooker (if required) but if impact is what we want of the bench: Grieg, Cartwright, and Stone can provide it. Lane probably overshadows Matterson as the 17th person selected, although Kaufusi would not go astray there either.   

• I personally would switch Waqar and Simmo, but it will probably not happen as Simmo is training at this point on the wing.

I don't believe those foward positions will be decided until all the contact work is done through February. How they train and the efforts put in will sort out those contentious position's .......the players are smart enough to know that it is the only way they can force their way in.....the backs just about pick themselves.....the forwards will be hard work. 

Interesting concept may be tp pick the automatic players and then their shadows if they are injured.....e.g. Moses and ??? probably JA, Dylan Brown and probably JA..... this could kill our season if we end up with something like we had last year when JA was in no way ready....I can't imagine him being much more advanced this year......I would look at Guth coming into the halves or Perham or Simmo going to fullback, Opacic will be a back up centre, I would have Nikuire in that mix. 

Sean Russell could also come into category as I understand he has built up a bit. There are a couple of young halves in the squad but I think they are probably behind JA.

WE should look to watch these things because we may have a real window this year, but key position injuries could really hurt us.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Poppa replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"All lives matter ALM even those that live and play in Darwin!"
9 minutes ago
"Chief, you have been warned off their site, are you being dishonest or disingenous?"
15 minutes ago
Mitchy replied to Hell On Eels's discussion R8 v Manly: The Rise and Fall of the Eels
"I see your point Frank. I think a win or loss won't change what the board do and you're right a clean out is needed like the old knee cartilage.
Someone like Bennett needs autonomy here of the club goes that way. Tbh I don't the club wild go that…"
34 minutes ago
"Don't disagree entirely Graham but I believe if we had a fully fit side plus say JAC we would have a roster to challenge most. 
I would go as far as saying that JAC and Lomac next year (JAC is fantasy) would give us a side capable of winning most,…"
50 minutes ago
More…