RIP TERRY HILL

NRL rocked by death of former NSW and Kangaroos centre Terry Hill at 52

The rugby league community is in mourning following the death of former NSW and Kangaroos star Terry Hill at the age of 52.

The Daily Telegraph is reporting the former NRL centre died due to a heart attack while in the Philippines.

Hill had reportedly been spending more time in the Philippines in recent years where had been working with a charity.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• He was a champion bloke, geez I love competitors like him.

Id love us to unearth the next Terry Hill he was  the epitome of a footballer to me , tough , strong defender , ran hard , had one of the all time fends and was a great character .

Rugby league will wake up a lot  poorer tomorrow, RIP champion.

• A great character from a great time

• Great character of the game and a tough player. Isn't he the one who challenged the draft?

Heart attack? V sad. 

• He was a geat bloke who always had good joke or story to tell. He stood up for what he believed and always heard plenty of good stories about him helping others.

Younger fans mightn't know that he took on the league in court ending the draft for players when he won the right to play for Western Suburbs where he wanted to play instead of being forced to play for the roosters who drafted him.  Unfortunately the draft rules he beat and were discontinued led to West having to merge with tigers and team he didn't want to join being roosters became a powerhouse under the free trade he created

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

LB replied to Seraph's discussion Injuries and age - who makes the cut?
"That 2001 squad was years ahead of its time. Seemed though they were up for so long it drained them out, especially the squad being so young."
2 minutes ago
Nitram replied to Nitram's discussion Canberra won, what now?
"I used to think that way but the "good" clubs and evidently even the "bad" clubs (recently as per this post I have made) find a way to win despite injuries"
10 minutes ago
Poppa replied to Seraph's discussion Injuries and age - who makes the cut?
"Coryn, you can still play the power game, you just have to have the shape of the pack right, Hopgood and Carty give our pack shape, as I said in a previous post, one more of that style and the others fall into place. Matto can be a genuine middle to…"
18 minutes ago
Simon Priestly replied to Seraph's discussion Injuries and age - who makes the cut?
"When I say luck I mean he has been fortunate enough to have certain backs over the years that have had the natural ability to disguise to an extent, his major structural defensive flaws. We are getting found out on a regular basis now because we…"
20 minutes ago
More…