RIP TERRY HILL

NRL rocked by death of former NSW and Kangaroos centre Terry Hill at 52

The rugby league community is in mourning following the death of former NSW and Kangaroos star Terry Hill at the age of 52.

The Daily Telegraph is reporting the former NRL centre died due to a heart attack while in the Philippines.

Hill had reportedly been spending more time in the Philippines in recent years where had been working with a charity.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• He was a champion bloke, geez I love competitors like him.

Id love us to unearth the next Terry Hill he was  the epitome of a footballer to me , tough , strong defender , ran hard , had one of the all time fends and was a great character .

Rugby league will wake up a lot  poorer tomorrow, RIP champion.

• A great character from a great time

• Great character of the game and a tough player. Isn't he the one who challenged the draft?

Heart attack? V sad. 

• He was a geat bloke who always had good joke or story to tell. He stood up for what he believed and always heard plenty of good stories about him helping others.

Younger fans mightn't know that he took on the league in court ending the draft for players when he won the right to play for Western Suburbs where he wanted to play instead of being forced to play for the roosters who drafted him.  Unfortunately the draft rules he beat and were discontinued led to West having to merge with tigers and team he didn't want to join being roosters became a powerhouse under the free trade he created

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Collaroy Eel replied to Seraph's discussion Injuries and age - who makes the cut?
"Imagine what Bennett would do this our roster. .... they would all be firing or out of the squad. "
9 minutes ago
Collaroy Eel replied to Seraph's discussion Injuries and age - who makes the cut?
"We need RCG .. agree with Matterson and think Lane as well. He seems soft, misses tackles and is abit unco"
13 minutes ago
Coryn Hughes replied to LB's discussion If not Bennett, then who?
"You can't compare Bennett to any other coach though he's been in the game over 50 years he's in multiple situations.There's no coach in the nrl that's seen what he's seen.
I find comparisons are all for naught when your talking coaches like him.…"
17 minutes ago
LB replied to LB's discussion If not Bennett, then who?
"Madge and JD's sackings were different. I felt JD's was a mixture of player led and just not good enough. Madge was good enough but his hard nosed approach made him lose the dressing room.
At Parra, it seems from what Tim Mannah said, BA keeps key…"
34 minutes ago
More…