Resting Players

The top teams of the compeitions have started to rest some of their key players in order to keep them refreshed for the final series. BA hasn't chosen to rest any of his players. Only Mahoney has been given a short break, however thats only been due to his injury. Paulo, Lane and RCG could easily need a break because they have been playing every game this year whilst Matto and Brown have had a few breaks through their concussions and suspensiosn respectively. It can also be argued that Sivo needs a week off so he can recpature some of his form and get more involved in the games like he did last year. 

It has been no secret how bad our attack has been the past couple months, but could this also be the reason why BA hasn't chosen to rest players. Whilst other teams attacking games our flourishing, our attack has been the worst in the NRL since round 9. So is BA trying to use the remaining 2 games of the season (which are against weak sides) to develop on attacking combination and kickstart our finals campaign. 

Thoughts?

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• We need to win both our final games. That's all. If we'd beaten the Dragons (like we absolutely should have) he'd have probably rested a few this week. 

• can rest them during the training week he might next week 

• Last time we didn't practice defending at training we lost 38-0. So without any training at all maybe 50-0.

• Chooks Coach rested / benched Flanno ,JWH and others, they came back pumped! 
    All the chooks weee on notice

He is deadset the best Coach in any comp in this country

• Hell No!! Bellamy is the best coach in the NRL. Aubo just has the luxurary of using a team stacked with rep players. 

• Nup   When they go a 3'peat  and that's a big if , he'll outdo Bellyache, storm stripped of premierships under Bellyache   

• This reply was deleted.
      • I did say rested / benched  Wong

• This reply was deleted.
      • Nah your wrong there mate, he is the best

•   When was the last time the storm bought a million dollar player? Yet the chooks are the only team that seem to buy toplinets at will. Keary,Teddy,Cronk and Crighton just in the last 3 years.

no doubt Robbo is a very good coach but until he gets out his comfort zone we will never know how good.

Even Stickey won a title under the protective umbrella of uncle Nic

• Bellyache has never been away from Melb mate

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

MeelK replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I'd sign for that."
2 hours ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Look i think it is more than just being put on the Wing. I think Flanno is a reason. Wanting to play semi's is another.
I think a move away will be an awakening for Lomax. He was on with Fltech and Hindy with Lawrie in 2022 and he mimicked Griffin.…"
3 hours ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"600k is OK for the right winger. The Panthers sets are built on what their back 3 do on tackle one. The more momentum at the start of a set the more expansive a team can play but if our back three are getting smashed on tackle one and two it puts…"
3 hours ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Agree , need to keep him. "
4 hours ago
More…