Reed Mahoney Re-Signs

Parramatta Eels hooker Reed Mahoney has extended his contract with the Club for two years until the end of the 2022 season.

Mark O’Neill, Parramatta Eels Club General Manager of Football said, “Reed is an obvious talent on the field, but equally what he does off the field is of great significance to the culture we are instilling at the Eels. We look forward to his continued development as we strive for further success.”

Parramatta Eels Head Coach Brad Arthur said, “I’m really pleased Reed will remain with our squad. His game has continued to develop and he’s a great person to have around the Club”.

Reed joined the Club in 2017 where he played 28 games in the Eels Under 20s team and subsequently won the Steve Ella NYC player of the year at the annual Ken Thornett Medal Awards ceremony.

In 2018 Reed made his NRL debut for Parramatta in Round 14 and was named in the State of Origin Queensland Under 20 squad. He earned his first representative jersey last year when he was named on the bench for the Australia PM XIII side and the hooker for the U23 Junior Australian side.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Final member of the spine locked and loaded. Recruitment doing a great job.

• Great. I think the team is lucky because we all thought Peats was a promising hooker, but Mahoney has come on and now leap-frogged Peats in the rep pecking order. 
    PS: I do f see many lower grade games but I saw Mahoney in televised lower grade (finals?) games and you could see he was talented 

• With the squad being so strong at the moment we've created an environment perfect for bringing on young talent.

This will need to continue with Jennings nearing the end of his career and Fergos contract nearing an end we'll need to look at our outside back stocks.

If players required aren't in our systems raiding the youth at other clubs will need to be prioritised.The recruitment and retention committees done a great job to date , success makes it even harder to manage rosters into the future.

• 100% as always Bup.    You pluck the guts out of the best kid around.  You might pick up a Burton or Crighton or Staines along the way.  They then come into a great system and leadership structure.   Having said that jennings is playing out of his skin. 

• Love this kid. Great news.

• This is the primary filling for our forwards sandwich. I am actually of the belief that Reed may well be the pick of the crop for our young forwards, with his work ethic and playing smarts. Only issue I find with his signing is that its only for 2 years.

Taken a long time to sign but the wait has been definately worth it.

• I think so ( oh no I don’t !!!)

• Great news and smart on reeds behalf only extending for two years as he is likely to be one of the premier hookers in the comp when up for renewal,  I think him and Harry Grant will be the top two hookers in 2 to 3 years time.

• I wonder if his performance on Sunday got him the deal he was asking for which obviously the club was playing hardball otherwise it would have been signed way before this? 

• Thanks parralurker spot on classified information, yet again. I've heard he could be a shoe in for starting hooker for qld, you heard anything.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

MeelK replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I'd sign for that."
2 hours ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Look i think it is more than just being put on the Wing. I think Flanno is a reason. Wanting to play semi's is another.
I think a move away will be an awakening for Lomax. He was on with Fltech and Hindy with Lawrie in 2022 and he mimicked Griffin.…"
3 hours ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"600k is OK for the right winger. The Panthers sets are built on what their back 3 do on tackle one. The more momentum at the start of a set the more expansive a team can play but if our back three are getting smashed on tackle one and two it puts…"
3 hours ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Agree , need to keep him. "
3 hours ago
More…