Replies

• Was thinking along the same line. Allen wanted fullback and went to the dogs knowing a year later JAC would be playing fullback. Then Dufty who's a B grade fullback at best and can't play anywhere else signs with them. It just doesn't make sense, maybe they are promising things just to get the signatures?

Woods will be starting fullback for the dogs.

• I think they are making promises they can't keep, yes.

They promised Cotric a centre position then moved him to the wing after 4 games. Now he is leaving to come to us? Maybe.

Barrett is a massive flip flopper with positions too. One week he backs you to play halfback, the next week you are in reserve grade, the next week on the bench, then back in the starting side, then back in reserve grade. The guy has no long term vision at all. He is purely reactionary and I don't think he will last long term.

• Seems to be a good assistant coach like Taylor. Not mentally strong enough to be a headcoach.

• Papali'i will replace Nuikore in a heartbeat.

This isn't thee old Parramatta Eels we don't beg or over pay for anyone.

You just have to accept we have a value on a certain position and if others want to over pay for it for the most part they will get there man.

We move on and look for another solution.

• Papalii is also off contract and will surely field big offers from the Warriors and the Dolphins.

• Personally, I'd prefer we keep both Papa and Simba!

As long as neither wants silly money, we should do everything to get both deals done.

• Yet, but they'll get there if given the chance

• I have mixed feelings on this one RCG is probably our most expensive forward and also our most important one so to loose him will hurt.

That being said that money freed up will give us the chance to secure other players 

• Be a financial thing. Good opportunity to get a big payday for what could be one of his last contracts with the dolphins in an area with cheaper housing. Alternatively could get a bit more out of Parra. 

• Would hate for this to happen as RCG is one of my favourite players. I wanted him at Parra for ages and was ecstatic when we signed him.

He would be a massive loss for us.

In saying that, Rodwell looks to be he closest thing we have to RCG. If he can play alongside RCG for most of next season we will have a ready made replacement at a third of the price.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Tad replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Wayne to Souths.
"Unfortunately NOS to get to the elite level of winning Premiership after Premiership will take time to develop a consistent winning culture. You need the right people understanding the process and talents required to get up-to-date with behavioural…"
57 seconds ago
Nightmare Off-Season replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Wayne to Souths.
"Great post, Tad. Good to see you back.
Hope you've been well?
As HOE said, it's frustratingly an absolute no-brainer.
When the most successful clubs, coaches & players across multiple sports advocate so highly for sports psychology, who are the Eels…"
41 minutes ago
BringBackSemi replied to Frankie Fong's discussion THE TALE OF TWO CLUBS
"I tend to agree. They said last night that when he finished at Newcastle that St George thought they had him in the bag to go back there. He then surprised everyone by going back to the Bronco's. These are just games that Bennett plays with the…"
45 minutes ago
Nightmare Off-Season posted a discussion
From the Daily TelegraphThe axing of South Sydney coach Jason Demetriou turns the blowtorch onto another struggling mentor in Parramatta’s Brad Arthur, adding a layer of intrigue to the Rabbitohs’ pursuit of Wayne Bennett.Demetriou and Eels coach…
1 hour ago
More…