Replies

• Yes they have, but they've also added 30 players to the potential pool. 

• They've added 30 roster spots but they've added 0 new players.

Those players already existed in QRL, Superleague, Union and the other 16 teams.

• We have some good juniors coming through which is what we have all wanted for a long time. RCG is awesome but if he leaves another Parra junior will get his shot. I would much rather we keep Paulo, He is not a Blues Prop for no reason and he is a Parra junior so much so that it is his first name.

• Why not both?

Both are extremely important to our success. They are like yin and yang - aggression in RCG and guile in Paulo. They compliment each other.

• Middle forwards are the easiest to develop. Yes we will miss RCG in the short term, but it will give Kaufusi the opportunity to be a starter. 
        You just can't get emotional about this. Instead of seeing it as a loss, see it as an opportunity. 
        Next man up. 

• Oh man. Kaufusi to replace RCG? Seriously?

Of course it is an opportunity for someone, but that doesn't mean Parra will be higher on the ladder.

Gee I wish I had your confidence, but I am a realist and the roster moves look all negative to me. The replacements need to be as good or better, and so far we don't have replacements, and the younger guys we have are worse.

In fact they are so far worse it is not even worth comparing them.

• This reply was deleted.
            • Ky Rodwell is the guy that I feel shows enough promise to one day become an enforcer.

• Middle forwards need to be constantly developed and turned over. It's a constantly evolving process. Oggie doesn't have to be as good individually as RCG, he just has to do his job within the larger rotation. Let's remember we still have RCG for '22, that gives Oggie another year of development before he becomes a starter. 
            Next year we'll still have Junior, RCG, Brown, Niukore, Lane, Kaufusi, Stone, Makatoa, Hollis, Greig, Hipgrave, Rodwell, Papa, Matterson & Carty as possible middles. 
            There is nothing wrong with that rotation at all. 

• We have no one even close to the calibre of RCG coming through the ranks!

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

HKF replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins
"If the good eels turn up (the right attitude) they should win reasonably comfortably. 
Eels 28 fins 18
Mom gutho."
2 minutes ago
HKF replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Gutherson Blaizes a trail for Talagi
"Looks like the JA mistake all over again.  You don't develop your game sitting on the bench for first grade if you are a half or a fullback with very limited experience to begin with."
5 minutes ago
Mitchy replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins
"Conditions make this game more even than we think. Control the ball; decent tackle efficiency and get to the kick and be patient. That's the key. The Fins have a balanced halves pairing too. Don't underestimate them. We should win by less than 8"
12 minutes ago
Parrapowa replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins
"Win comfortably. "
28 minutes ago
More…