As soon as he said that (or close to that) to Danika at half time, I knew Eels were about to get pumped very hard. I’d already said to the wife at half time Eels were in trouble. She blames their losses on me when I say shit like that. Told her they should have been at least 20 in front at half time. Bombed tries, turnovers immediately after points. Unfortunately, the writing was on the wall. “Front loaded” their effort in first half to win possession and field position, but had fuck all to show for it.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• We just don't even look interested in playing footy this year. So clunky and have nothing in attack and defence. 

• Would prefer have someone like Stone back who competes on every play over many in our overpaid pack who have soft defensive efforts and refuse to chase the play once the play goes past them.

Defence is effort and discipline which is lacking in our overpaid players.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

BringBackSemi replied to Rabz S's discussion South Sydney to offer Wayne Bennett three-year deal as Eels pass on supercoach
"Buzz stuck it to the board in the Daily Telegraph NRL podcast.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0opRz27SD2c
About the 22 minute mark they are discussing Parra and moves (or lack thereof) on Bennett"
1 minute ago
Graham polkinghorne replied to Rabz S's discussion South Sydney to offer Wayne Bennett three-year deal as Eels pass on supercoach
"Not sure about that. Doubt Souths are going to wait 2mths for Bennet to choose between the 2 clubs. Souths have copped a bit of flak over how they have handled this coaching saga already. Think they will put a firm offer on the table, give Bennet…"
6 minutes ago
Titan replied to Rabz S's discussion South Sydney to offer Wayne Bennett three-year deal as Eels pass on supercoach
"Yep Sue are the exact types on a sporting club board who will not do whatever it takes for that club to be successful on the field immediately. "
31 minutes ago
Avon Barksdale replied to Rabz S's discussion South Sydney to offer Wayne Bennett three-year deal as Eels pass on supercoach
"Hopefully this is all smoke and mirrors from the Parramatta management. But I think they are incompetent so maybe they genuinely aren't interested. If that's the case then I don't know what to say, they truely don't care about winning a comp if they…"
33 minutes ago
More…