QUESTION ?

Some simple questions here for the good folks of 1eyed eel .

1. When was the last time eels football club members voted ? 

When was the last time  a football club AGM was held ?.

How and when can eels football club  members make changes to the board ?

Can football club members removed the entire board in one go ?

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• No not same in the long run , a leagues club needs a board with one set of skills and abilities and a football club board need with another set of skills and a abilities.  

• sorry my same same  remark was meant in the respect of being able to change the football board in the long run is still the same as it always  was. Remove or put pressure on the leagues club board. They can in turn change the football club board. 

I get that the two boards need to concentrate on different aspects of the organisation, using at times different skill sets.

• The facts are Blue eel that members once had more power , they were able to grill the directors who ran the footy club about their performance and decisions . 

The fact the current footy board are still in charge shows that not leagues club board have no idea .

• If we want to drill in on those facts, the reality was that basically none of the members actually voted or took any interest in the club as a whole which made it ripe for the picking for self interested power mongers which is exactly what happened. And the apathy of our members enabled this. Multiple times over.

So I don't think it's fair to say that the members are in any way fit to hold the board to account, because they've proven themselves incapable of doing so. Which is sad...but true.

It would be good for the Football Club to be more directly accountable to fans though, and there are several mechanisms that could make this possible - including having the board appoint committees that can comprise of a select group of interested fans who can be brought in yearly to perform a review.

It's very normal for boards to appoint committees for a specific purpose. This would be a much more effective mechanism for influence than trying to go back to the (horrible and ineffective) past.

• a lot of truth in that.

• I think it is a flaw in our constitution that members have no mechanism to even ask questions of the Football Club Board. They are more or less untouchable.  Not completely but distant enough that to get to them would require several steps. 
    The first place Leagues Club Members can start is with Richard Foda and Mark Jenkins. Both are Leagues Club Directors who apparently are also on the Board of the Parramatta National Rugby League Club. ( I can't find any thing published to confirm if this is still the case)   Members of the League's Club have every right to ask these two Directors questions pertaining to their roles on the PNRL Board. 
    Secondly ticketed members and non ticketed members can write write directly to CEO Jim Sarantinos and Chair Sean McElduff and ask them anything in relation to the PNRL. 
    The members own The Leagues Club who owns the PNRL entity. It would not hurt to remind the PNRL that members are the ultimate power in this organisation. And we're watching closely. 

• The lethargy that is the Parramatta football team has crept all the way up into the front office.

The club cant be F***** to have a general meeting.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Parramatta Tragic replied to The Captain's discussion Board Update: Two Directors retire from Parra Eels.board
"I have sat on Boards and I have never been the smartest person in the room. What I did have was the best advice from people that were glad to help the goals I was trying to achieve. That advice came from a World Chairman of one of the world's…"
3 minutes ago
Poppa replied to The Captain's discussion Board Update: Two Directors retire from Parra Eels.board
"You don't need to be a great player to be on a football board, management experience and a quota of football/sport administration and understanding is the imperative along with a degree of entrenprenaural understanding..
Contrary to Wiz's…"
15 minutes ago
Parramatta Tragic replied to The Captain's discussion Board Update: Two Directors retire from Parra Eels.board
"Didn't I read recently where Parramatta Council has become a sponsor of the Eels? Maybe part of that agreement was that in return they had someone on the football club Board?"
25 minutes ago
Poppa replied to The Captain's discussion Board Update: Two Directors retire from Parra Eels.board
"Actually Wiz, I have a degree for you, its based in Antartica and is called 30 degrees minus. I initially thought the Arctic but then realised you coud run into Santa Claus and every one knows you would have got up him over the options in Moses and…"
29 minutes ago
More…