Replies

• It's not like Russell has had too many attack opportunities certainly in the last couple of weeks that I recall

Reckon Russell is going well and he and Penisini are looking like a good pairing.

he isn't slow recall his fast defensive chase where his speed was shown 

I'd love to see him get an attack opportunity to use his speed and plant it down.

Sivo with Lomax could be a great defensive improvement out there, like  Jennings was for Sivo. Clearly, Sivo needs someone to call the shots for him out there. Can't recall Sivo having anyone pairing with him since Jennings gone that was a defensive know it all ;)

hopefully he has learned he has to pick his act up and get vigorous bringing the ball back from being dropped ...which I think was his first dropping? 

• I remember playing a game of touch footy a while ago and the opposition had a fringe NRL player opposite me. 

I'm pretty sure I saw the exact same treatment that I received that day that Russell received against the Raiders two weeks ago, such was the gulf in class, ability and speed. 

We are spending too much time and effort on Sean Russell. He's hit his ceiling, he's a borderline NRL player on his best of days. We should be aiming much higher and there are plenty better.

• Russell is an NRL player, but he's doing a difficult job in a currently struggling team. I don't think his position is the on we need to sort out at the moment.

• Going on that game our whole team copped it tho but yeah Savage and co did smoke him in that one.

awful that Ricky has Savage :(

• It's not just Sivo defence, his carries are ordinary to say the least. He should have lost his position long ago. There is no future for him at Parra.

• Options for wingers;

• Blake Wilson
    • Schiler
    • Michael Asouma (signed long term)
    • Nic Cotric
    • Jeral Skelton
    • Tony Francis (2025 off-contract)
    • Jojo Fifita (2025 off-contract)
    • Isaiah Taas
    • Kayal Iro
    • Tesi Niu
    • Remis Smith
    • Dane Gagai
    • Enari Tuala
    • Semi Valemi
    • Sunia Turuva
    • Fegai Twins
    • Danie Tupou
    • I like JoJo Fifita. Tesi Niu is struggling with his weight and fitness. Fifita is very quick. 

Skelton would be good but I doubt they would release him. 

Shiler would also be pretty good. 

• I called for Schiller as soon as I saw him play in the trials. I highly rate that kid - no doubt do the raiders so he will be no chance IMO.

• Skelton is off-contract. On that list, everyone is off-contract at the end of the year unless I put in brackets.

• GC are looking at changing jojo fifita into a 2nd rower.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Coryn Hughes replied to The Captain's discussion The Parramatta Eels have learned nothing from last season
"Parra's weakness is there back 5 that's where they are the slowest least athletic team in the league.
The fact they haven't invested or have development that is key to them winning the battle in the middle of the field is the Achilles heal of this…"
47 minutes ago
Tad replied to The Captain's discussion The Parramatta Eels have learned nothing from last season
" Great Article exposing something where you can learn from  disappointments in being at the bottom of the ladder in what you do. Sometimes being in that place can be a good place to be to have a clearer view on how to progress. If you are midfield…"
1 hour ago
Tad replied to Hell On Eels's discussion The Bennett Hypothetical: Sliding Doors
"Excellent Post HOE . Expressing what you just wrote is a great way of internalizing learning which is the point I was trying to say.When we say or write out thoughts down the way you just did is also relevant in players processing different ways in…"
2 hours ago
Michael W. replied to Fiddy's discussion Raiders no halfback getting pumped
"Not doing too bad Mr Poppa, two against one, or should I say, one and a half against one, not sure if this Chief character is under or just over 10. I hear you like horse racing Poppa, if that's the case, in racing terminology, you are 6 lengths in…"
3 hours ago
More…