Replies

• He can kick goals as well

• Good signing. Credit where credit is due. Lomax is the kind of player we've been missing (genuine speed and X factor).

Still too little too late for the R&R folks though, they still need to go.

• So that's our centres done. We need two more wingers. Bailey Simonsson is decent enough on the wing so at least one more winger. Sivo and Russell need to be replaced if we want to vastly improve our squad. A few of those Canberra kids look fast. Ditto some at the Broncos.

• Raiders next year will be

1. Stewart
      2. Hopoate
      3. Kris
      4. Timoko
      5. Savage

That means Schiller, Cotric, Asouma are up for grabs. Also, if we could get Trey Mooney on a cheap deal, I would than not resign Ogden.

• The Raiders have down a good job in assembling that backline. All kids with massive upsides. They are positioned to be a force for the next few years. 

Lomax is a great signing for the Eels. I reckon Gutho will transition to the centres and Lomax to fullback. If we can develop Talagi and find a couple of decent wingers we will be set. 

• from 2025 our backline locks are gutho,penis, lomax & Talagi

one spot up for grabs... simmo and harper both off contract. and sivo on a stupidly long deal I would try to unload sivo and keep simmo on the other wing, would also keep russell as a back up and release dunster as he has reached his limit. 

1.gutho

2.simmo/Sivo/new signing

3.talagi

4.penisini

5.lomax

• 100% that's the plan and sooner rather than later IMO.

Doubt Lomax would come the play center - he was offered what he wanted position wise that's why he signed so quick. He may also have some incentives built in etc which might up his overall salary.....plus he gets to shine and increase his value in a spine position 

• I dunno if they let Schiller leave. You don't just have 5 outside backs in your squad. Of all players I reckon it will only be Cotric to be let go because he's probably on the same amount of money as 2-3 of those young guys.

• Schiller is off-contract at the end of the year so he is free to negotiate. So it is not up to the raiders. A starting spot at eels would entice him rather than being a back up at raiders.

• Thanks Super.

Its all well and good to see Schiller play and want him at your club. It's just not realistic.

Cotric is one of the best available, would love to see him come this year in a swap for Sanders. Only if Sanders really is gone.

Other targets would be Val Te Whare. I'm pretty sure Wayne would have his eye on Sanders too.

Lastly, Jeral Skelton, plays like a young Sivo.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Coryn Hughes replied to The Captain's discussion The Parramatta Eels have learned nothing from last season
"Parra's weakness is there back 5 that's where they are the slowest least athletic team in the league.
The fact they haven't invested or have development that is key to them winning the battle in the middle of the field is the Achilles heal of this…"
3 minutes ago
Tad replied to The Captain's discussion The Parramatta Eels have learned nothing from last season
" Great Article exposing something where you can learn from  disappointments in being at the bottom of the ladder in what you do. Sometimes being in that place can be a good place to be to have a clearer view on how to progress. If you are midfield…"
1 hour ago
Tad replied to Hell On Eels's discussion The Bennett Hypothetical: Sliding Doors
"Excellent Post HOE . Expressing what you just wrote is a great way of internalizing learning which is the point I was trying to say.When we say or write out thoughts down the way you just did is also relevant in players processing different ways in…"
1 hour ago
Michael W. replied to Fiddy's discussion Raiders no halfback getting pumped
"Not doing too bad Mr Poppa, two against one, or should I say, one and a half against one, not sure if this Chief character is under or just over 10. I hear you like horse racing Poppa, if that's the case, in racing terminology, you are 6 lengths in…"
2 hours ago
More…