Replies

• Don't want Te Whare. I think you end up with the same issues Sivo has. There's a reason that despite their injuries Te Whare isn't playing in first grade.

• Russell is still young and I don't reckon he would be on that much. We still need outside backs as back-ups who have NRL experience, and Russell can play FB, wing or centre. Sivo is another issue entirely and we obviously can't afford to keep him in NSW Cup.

• Yeah I'd keep Russel. I actually think he's pretty decent and young, so he has plenty of potential left yet.

• I do not feel his ceiling is as high as i thought before the season started. I hope i am wrong.

• If Russell was a NSW Cup winger we used in NRL for depth it wouldn't be an issue at all. But as our starting No 2? We need better.

• Agree. 

• Imo Russell is a first grader, at this stage he is at the lower end skill wise but he plays tough, makes few errors,  is reasonably quick but does lack quick acceleration. 

Every club can produce quality first grade wingers except the eels,  why is that?, this is a position we need to stop going to market for. Sivo needs to be replaced before Russell. 

• I think Russell is ok. He's big and can get moving when he winds up but he loses too many moments currently. The Raiders gave him a bath. His work under the high ball is average at best. His carries are unspectacular. 
            Wing has now become an important position. There are plenty faster, more elusive, more dangerous than Russell. 
            We should be aiming higher if we want to keep improving. 
            Sivo needs to go today. If he can't start showing that he's a class above NSW Cup then he's finished in the NRL. I thinks he's cooked but right now he has the opportunity to prove me wrong. I sincerely hope he does. We need the old Maika back asap. 

• Russell for me is good; he has bulked up and I think give him this season to aim up. 

• He played ok for the first couple of games. Gone missing in action since.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Tad replied to The Captain's discussion The Parramatta Eels have learned nothing from last season
" Great Article exposing something where you can learn from  disappointments in being at the bottom of the ladder in what you do. Sometimes being in that place can be a good place to be to have a clearer view on how to progress. If you are midfield…"
48 minutes ago
Tad replied to Hell On Eels's discussion The Bennett Hypothetical: Sliding Doors
"Excellent Post HOE . Expressing what you just wrote is a great way of internalizing learning which is the point I was trying to say.When we say or write out thoughts down the way you just did is also relevant in players processing different ways in…"
1 hour ago
Michael W. replied to Fiddy's discussion Raiders no halfback getting pumped
"Not doing too bad Mr Poppa, two against one, or should I say, one and a half against one, not sure if this Chief character is under or just over 10. I hear you like horse racing Poppa, if that's the case, in racing terminology, you are 6 lengths in…"
2 hours ago
Inside Info replied to The Captain's discussion The Parramatta Eels have learned nothing from last season
"Apart from maybe Hopgood, we dont have players that week to week can depend on to win games. They all go missing crucial times in games.
Discipline is appalling
fitness is not close to most other teams
defensive structure is laughable
We are a club…"
4 hours ago
More…