Parramatta Eels sign Bryce Cartwright (OFFICIAL)

The Parramatta Eels can confirm Bryce Cartwright has signed with the Club on a one-year deal.

Cartwright will commence training with the Club in time for the 2021 pre-season.

The 25-year-old made his NRL debut with the Penrith Panthers in 2014 before moving to the Gold Coast Titans in 2018.

Parramatta Eels General Manager of Football Mark O’Neill said, “We are excited to welcome Bryce Cartwright to the Eels.

“Since making his debut in 2014, Bryce has played over 100 NRL games as well as previously representing NSW City on two occasions. 

“Bryce is a unique talent having ball skills like few other forwards in the NRL competition. He will add size and skill to our forward pack and depth and quality to our overall squad.  

“Bryce was looking for an opportunity in Sydney and is keen to play under Brad Arthur and with our team at the Eels. 

“Like Bryce, we believe that through our coaching, quality playing roster and a balanced environment will bring the best out in him, something we are all committed to achieving in season 2021.”

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Maybe we could do a Terry Lamb type training regime with him ? For those who cant remember that far back, Terry Lambs knees were so bad the only training he did during the week was riding the exercise bike ! I would say that these days of professional teams it would never happen. Carty has all the skills but his knees are shot. 
    Best of luck big fella ! 

• OMG - this is such a surprise! I bet none of you saw this coming, be honest now, did you?

Its a wonder we haven't had any Eels blogs about Bryce Carwright coming to the Eels.

NRL at its best - Don't you tell anyone you have signed Cartwright - AFTER it was revealed the Eels had signed him. *sigh

• Just watched a snippet of that moron COREY NORMAN winning $25K on pokies and in the background was PEATS, MOYLAN and CARTWRIGHT.   Now that has alarm bells all over it.   CARTWRIGHT your on the last rites as a rugby league player at a new club where 90% of the popular opinion is that your a failure and your seen out with these drop kicks.   Innocent fun - yeah, mates catching up - yeah.  

Get your skin in the game at Parramatta and earn some respect.  Name one of the players MOYLAN, PEATS or NORMAN where their career is progressing.  mmmm 

• paul taylor: On the weekend I saw on FOX sport a BrisbaneRugby League journo answering a question about Cartwright. He doubted that Cartwright would make it back in league because he has two busted knees! His opinion was that " they don`t come back from that"!  I was not aware of his knee problem? I wonder did the Eeels sign him up without knowing that problem? To me, that sounds just like the thing we would do. I speculate that Cartwright breaks down in the preseason and retires. The Eels have to fork out $160, 000 without getting one game out of the new signing!  Because this news is coming from a journo one must take it with a massive grain of salt. I would think the training Spud C is applying to Cartwright would reveal busted knees in very quick order? We shall see what shall see.

• Paul/Robert, I agree. Let's wait and see what's in the pudding, but there's some alarm bells there.

The Carty Party out for pokies night with Norman, Moylan & Peats: is that birds of a feather?

My late grandfather used to say: "Show me who your friends are, and I'll show you who you are."

8224417064?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Don't know if this has been posted before and too lazy to troll a whole 2 pages to check.

https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2020/11/26/cartwright-excited-for...

Cartwright excited for fresh start
    Hear from Parramatta Eels new recruit Bryce Cartwright who speaks for the first time since joining the Blue & Gold. Cartwright speaks about joining t…
This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Prof. Daz replied to Outrunna's discussion Maika Sivo possibly on the move
"As we all saw, Sivo appeared to go backwards last year. I wonder if that was a few things all coming together to his disadvantage?
One, our attack became slow and predictable. We rarely got the ball to him where he was 1-on-1 or even 1-on-2, or with…"
6 minutes ago
Prof. Daz replied to MontoEel's discussion Moderators and Moderation
"Monts and BEM, you should just treat the remaining orf sezun as a trial run in retaining your sanity. The sh*t will really hit the fan if the Eel's first few games are as bumbling as the back 1/3 of their 2019 season, as then all the hearts and…"
16 minutes ago
paul taylor replied to Outrunna's discussion Maika Sivo possibly on the move
"2019 version no brainer. 2020 version - let him go.  When he learns to run to gaps not to shoulders and use his assets to better advantage , the great fend, the 20-60 power speed he will be a top 5 winger.  His power game is just a forward runing…"
27 minutes ago
Poppa replied to MontoEel's discussion Moderators and Moderation
"Now that's topical!"
39 minutes ago
More…