Furthermore, we thrash the storm and other top sides during the year.

Not sure about you guys but this has got to be our finest achievenment since 2009, making the grand final that year.

Had we played penrith or storm this week in the grand final with our first 6 round form, we would thrash both grand finalists by 30 points.

I mean, just look at our team, Paulo, RCG, Matterson, Nthan brown, would any of you swap them with any other players?

With the exception of Cam smith, I wouldnt pick any other player to be in our first grade squad.

King gutho is so damn good he is from my perspective the best fullback for the last 20 years.

moses is incredibly talented but just lack a bit of confidence. 

 

I have this upbeat feeling going forward to 2021. Up the mighty eels<3 <3

after a few drinks, I am in a good mood tonite and feeling positive.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

★
★
★
★
★
Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

  • Wasn't our year. Sivo and Fergo going down killed us. Losing MJ on game day was like dropping a nuke on our club.

    I think our strength and conditining staff need to take a good hard look at themselves it was obvious they gassed our boys too soon this year we looked buggered and came alive against storm but this just bought out injuries. 

    we need to do something different this pre season the old Kiama trip running up sand dunes doesn't work 

     

    • perhaps wayne bennett approach , timing the boys to peak at the endof the season would be a good strategy. we max out too early and our form in last 8 rounds resembles the eels of 2019, not bad but not good either.

      I knew we would go out in straight sets. its so heart breaking.

      I really thought i am buying grand final tickets to see us to victory.

      Poor sterlo almost had tears in the commentary after the game. Its time we win.

  • This reply was deleted.
    • hahaha. a bit of scotch will fix you up in no time:)

       

      • This reply was deleted.
        • i love the fluufy duck too. (cointreau, advocatt) we are showing our age. used to drink whisky sour, brandy alexander,harvey wallbanger, golden dream for the ladies too.Oh and the old ben ean moselle...geez, thats in the 1980's, when the mighty eels reign supreme...lol

  • This reply was deleted.
    • hahaha. a bit of grog is good for you son:)

    • We've gotta maintain the dope quota, otherwise it wouldn't be a sports fan site.

  • I wouldn't say we thrashed the storm, just beat a storm team full of reserve graders. 

     

    • guess i got a bit overboad with the word THRASH. stil it was a good win.

      For some reason, we cant play away from home.

      We go gangbusters at banwest but fail to aim up and turn up when travelling.

      if we can arrest this , we will go close next year if not win the whole damn thing.

      • I'm sorry I don't like it

      • Yep gangbusters alright....

        38 - Zip vs Bunnies round 16

        That one hurt.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Clintorian replied to Roy tannous's discussion Harry grant to knights??
"This would be an impressive signing by the Knights, but I can't see Harry leaving the Storm. Hopefully it happens and Best is pushed out, we'll be in the a good chance to land him 🤞"
31 minutes ago
Roy tannous posted a discussion
Grants been linked to knights and interesting,Grants open to moving to Newcastle.Just rumors at this stage but if it gets bigger and bigger.Knights can't afford him with ponga and brown on over a mill and others taking a lot of the cap.So what does…
58 minutes ago
Gucci replied to Roy tannous's discussion Eels in talks to resign Jack Williams Luca Moretti and Sam tuivati
"The only issue I have is the head knocks because he puts himself in the strangest positions for a big man sometimes. But majority of his long term injuries were inflicted by other players in tackles for the past two seasons."
2 hours ago
Mathew Clarke replied to Roy tannous's discussion Eels in talks to resign Jack Williams Luca Moretti and Sam tuivati
"Great news on all 3. I'm suprised many don't think Moretti is a good keep. He is just coming to age for Prop forwards (Mid 20's) and runs some great lines. I think he needs to have Williams show him the ropes and Luca, Teacum and Tuivaiti need to…"
2 hours ago
More…