Our New Middle Forwards ?

In light of the James Fisher Harris move to the Warriors where he can be another Daddy..lol    it got me thinking about our Prop plans moving forward.

How long does Jr Paulo (31) and RCG (31) have left as starting props in a parramatta team that only plays the power game with a high energy/chase the collison mentality .   Do we have a plan B as they age.  Granted, Jr is now moving to a Bench role in the rotation and it has been working OK.   

What are the long term strategies.    In all Liklihood now Penrith will lock up the hottest young talent on the market in Utoikamanu and with Addin Fannua Blake already locked up by the sharkies, where does that leave us.    Wiremu Greig played well in a few games last year but was poor in his one game back.     Our NSW cup team are last and I cant see any enforcers or big young talent with big motors and skill coming through 

It doesnt matter what ferraris you may have in your back line or what future immortals inyour spine ..................Quality Middle Forwards win games along with a robust defence.

Any views comments ??

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Easy fixed. Sign Tom Ale and Zyon Mau'u from Warriors.

• Zyon for sure, reminds me of an angry Kane Evans, better player tho and Tom good too

• The Eels play a power game, high energy chase the collision mentality??? What do other sides do? Throw it around like a game of touch from tackle 1? 

• Chasing the collision refers to defence not attack, and the defending premiers chase the collision better than anyone. As for attack we lead the NRL in offloads nearly every year. Also, last year we were second last for tackle breaks and sixth for line breaks. We certainly weren't making our line breaks from breaking tackles. It was from passing the ball and going through untouched. Chasing the collision is about defence.

•    100%  chasing the collision has nothing to do with tactics, it's about intent

• Get Stefano back!

• 100% . Get out junior back

• Penrif 

• I would be looking at one of the sharks front rowers,  with Fonuua Blake going there at least one will be pushed out.

• I am not worried about our outside backs. RCG and Paulo still have a couple years left. These 2 are a must resign amongst our older forwards. The other 3 of Lane, Carty and Matto, we would probably want to offload a couple of them when their contract expires. For me Carty loves the club and will either stay or go to England for retirement. Matto will leave. Lane is 50/50. For there we buy some 25 year old forward with the plan they overtake paulo and RCG when they retire. We will have our juniors as well. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Snottie Pimpin replied to LB's discussion Tim Mannah on BA
"The fans are really starting to see through his shit now as reinforced by Mannah above . We know he has his cliques in the side and the guys who are completely comfortable earning a living playing under him pretending  to us and themselves they are…"
20 minutes ago
Snottie Pimpin replied to LB's discussion Tim Mannah on BA
"It's a little bit of everyone's fault. 
We are blessed over the years to have made some astute purchases in our spine and front row and it kept us amongst the better teams for a number of years. 
The Eels are a very reactive club and Brad Arthur is…"
28 minutes ago
Shaun replied to EA's discussion If you could sign 2 players ..
"Realistically based on who is off contract 2024/2025, I hope we look at one of these players::
- Kayal Iro - played good in the games I've watched / high energy. Not sure who mentioned we should have been looking at him in the off season?
- Ronaldo…"
1 hour ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Wayne to Souths.
"He's only really intrested in single mothers doing it tough and crackheads anyways. Wonder what the going buy rate is for a stolen PS5 these days .  Word is desperate widows wedding rings is where he really makes his living.  Trolls the local papers…"
2 hours ago
More…