Open letter to the players.

Please add to this with your comments in hope the note gets to the team.

Dearest Eels representatives, 

Every week we turn up and follow the team. We pay good money to wear parra merchandise. We punish our children by giving them false belief that they are following a winning team. We have all helped in increasing club membership. That's good money that probably pays your wages. We pack out the new stadium despite our terrible performance. Again, good money spent. We are the most passionate fans in the league. We do our best to support the team continuously. 

So I ask you, what more do you want us to do? How else can we help put an end to this misery? We give the club as much as we possibly can. 

"Stick by us" just doesn't cut it anymore. Not after 20+ years of the team not showing any signs of winning a premiership. Give us 1 reason why we should stick by you?

It's about time you give back to us.  

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I've already cancelled my membership until they (This club) starts getting their act together! Enough is enough! 

• And when they do play well and look like a serious side and your still complaining about the coach and players, are they allowed to pen on open letter to you and the other cry babies about being shit fans? They’d get writers cramp with you lot! Lol 

• If they ever look like a premiership winning side and actually win something then I'd love nothing more than them to pen their own note to us fans. Whatever it takes. 

• We are the worst run team in the NRL, easily.

We have an administratior who doesnt give two shits about the  club.  Just how much he can save to point out what a great job he’s done.  The review was pure window dressing because if it wasn’t BA and all his staff would of been on the first bus to the homeless shelter.  A few token appointments and a few feel good buzz words thrown around to make us long suffering fans to pony up some more cash for another  season of torture and disappointment.

Next watch us next lose the best young half prospect in the game and BA and the clubs failure will be complete.  No professional sporting club in the lands standards are as low as ours and we proved that by signing a bloke who has won 11 of his last 37 games.  I bet the club was too stupid to even stick KPI clauses into his contract.

• "No professional sporting club in the lands standards are as low as ours...."

Bingo! 

• if we lose D brown i dare say bankwest will be burnt to the ground by fans

• After a discussion with Slugg the sage, I think he may have just about pin pointed the problem. The downhill slide started when Guth's manager started to play out his contract negotiations in public. It may have completely disheartened the group. If you worked in an offfice and one of your workmates was suddenly having his pay review openly discussed and he was asking a lot more than you were getting and he got it, how would the rest of the office be feeling? None of that should ever have been under public scrutiny. The front office have delivered a magnificent new Centre Of Excellence but the form slide coincided with the public negotiations of Guth. I don't know how to rectify that issue if that infact is part of the problem. I do know that last Thursday was a turning point for supporters and even the most loyal were leaving the ground early completely disgusted. I drove 90 minutes in peak hour traffic to get there at the opportunity cost to working a much needed 4 hours on work matters. I won't be doing that again for a long, long time.

• That is true but also some players negotiating getting offered a lot less money  Seeing gutho getting overs would be disheartening. 

• Players never begrudge any other player for negotiating the best deal for themselves. Besides, he didn't get overs.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Poppa replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"Don't disagree entirely Graham but I believe if we had a fully fit side plus say JAC we would have a roster to challenge most. 
I would go as far as saying that JAC and Lomac next year (JAC is fantasy) would give us a side capable of winning most,…"
14 minutes ago
Magpie replied to LB's discussion BA's Round 8 presser
"The way Manly move the ball from touchline to touchline and the way our edges defend I'm almost fearful to watch."
18 minutes ago
Coryn Hughes replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"This is it LB if your in the camp of wanting the coach gone keep hoping we take a pounding as that's the quickest out.The guys above BAs pay grade need to see it for themselves and since there numbers men getting pounded like we could do should…"
25 minutes ago
Cʜɪᴇғ - replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"I like them, doesn't mean I have to agree with everything they say clown boy. 
 "
28 minutes ago
More…