**MITCHELL MOSES EYES EARLY RETURN**

Mitchell Moses will undergo x-rays on his fractured foot on Wednesday in a bid to make an earlier than expected comeback.

The outcome of the scans could prove definining for both a Parramatta side desperate for their playmaker to return and so too NSW State of Origin coach Michael Maguire.

Moses was originally slated to return in round 12 against South Sydney, just 24-hours prior to the NSW Blues side for Origin I being named.

Not wanting to put any pressure on Moses, Eels officials confirmed to News Corp on Tuesday without speaking publicly that depending on the follow-up scan results, their influential leader is aiming to return one week earlier at Magic Round in Brisbane against the Storm.

Moses, the Blues incumbent five-eighth, has ground to make-up on several NSW pivot options including Penrith’s Jarome Luai, Cronulla’s Nicho Hynes, Rabbitohs five-eighth Cody Walker and possibly Souths teammate Jack Wighton, who is yet to make himself available for the state series.

Ultimately, the eagerness for Moses to undergo the follow-up scans is due to his toughness to push through the pain barrier.

He courageously played for 25-minutes with his broken foot back in round three against Manly.

Moses has proven time and again just how willing he is by playing with a broken bone in his back during the 2021 State of Origin series and in 2022 he played on with a broken finger against Penrith.

The Eels have the bye this week.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'd rather him be selected for Origin if he returns. No point bringing him back only for the rest of the team to shit the bed around him. Let him play Origin, he'll deserve it.

• Fark SoO they don't pay his mill plus a year salary those useless pricks can go fark themselves.

• Fuck origin. He should rule himself out and focus on trying to scrape into the finals. 

• They'll pick Hynes anyway 🤣

• Wreaks of desperation. He reinjures and he out for the year.

• One week early isn't desperation.

• It isn't one week early. 8 weeks was considered absolute best case. The diagnosis was 8 to 12 weeks.

• This doesn't sound good.

I understand it and it goes to show just how dedicated to the game and the club he is but if he comes back early just to re-injure himself and miss even more time, that will be a complete waste. Our season is likely done and lets just blood some young guys, give them a taste of whats to come and see exactly where their development is when it can't really make things any worse. Zero pressure, just come in and have a crack.

• Hope he does come back and kills it.

Limits the bald ones excuses for not having his best players on board.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

fishbulb replied to Sterlo's Nose's discussion Dragons’ secret plot to poach teen prodigy
"Hoops' column should really be called 'Jimmy whacks off into a sock'."
39 minutes ago
fishbulb replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Magic Round 11 v Melbourne: In the Eye of the Storm
"Feel like this game will be very brown.
 "
42 minutes ago
Xman replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Moses unlikely for next week+ Origin.
"Last week at the post match ba was saying mitch was close and if not this week definitely next. Strange that he is now saying he has barely started running and only in a straight line..For eels but also for Nsw I dont think he should be picked…"
2 hours ago
Xman replied to Sterlo's Nose's discussion Dragons’ secret plot to poach teen prodigy
"There actually is a lot to this even though it sounds like fluff and that it has come from Moses himself. From what I have heard Moses the manager is really causing some troubles which will probably result in ba getting pushed out. Now regardless of…"
2 hours ago
More…