Most embarrassing game in our history?

What an absolute shambles. Embarrassed to be an Eels supporters. How do we lose to an under strength B grade side? We should have dominated. It's just fickin heartbreaking. The writing was on the wall at the end of the first half yet Brad said ''continue doing what you're doing''! The guy is clueless. 
And then Dylan Brown said at the end of the game 'we just didn't turn up'! Seriously? Your job that you get paid well for is to turn up and perform just once a week! Just once!  
The relentless pain of supporting this team continues. 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The presser was appalling.

For a coach to just flat out blame the players - that is a coach who has failed his job. It is literally his job to teach the team to be successful and to play as one.

When an individual player fails, that's the players fault. When ALL the players fail, that's the coaches fault.

That presser sealed it for me. BA must go, sooner rather than later. Maybe the Rabbitohs will take him, but his time here is up. 

• Honestly though, it's about time he said something like this. Too many times after a performance like this, he has said that the effort was there. Everyone blows up when he says that. At least he has finally got the shits with players' piss poor efforts.

• But he is the one responsible for these type of efforts,  if they were a once or twice a season thing you could solely blame the players but they happen regularly every season,  this is on the coach.

• Couldn't agree more. Brad took no responsibility and instead he threw most of his team, the one he coaches, under the bus. 
        I will say this though, I haven't seen him like that before. The pressure is building. 

• I like how Brandy and James Graham dissected the presser. It's an 'all in' move by BA. If the players don't respond now that they've been publicly hammered, then the river card will come thundering down in the next week or two if this sort of result happens again. 

• Yep crazy, you don't ask a hooker who struggles to play 80 normally to play a full game in those conditions.

You have Nikorima, Katoa  and  Fuller defending on their tryline and only once were we able to isolate  Nikorima with lane crashing over.Its a mismatch with our forwards we didn't take advantage of.

Often I watch us from a tactical point of view trying to  ascertain what our attacking plans are , we seem to just play with a preconceived idea of how we want to play our football rather then  work over opposition weakness.

Attacking a weakness early in a set , work the ball to the other side while getting into a  position to attack that weakness again,it   should be our game plan every week 

We get into the red zone and rather then players pushing up into space and engaging defenders we stand  near stationary our feet apart looking like we're about to catch a beanbag .

• 100% spot on. Effort only goes so far. In modern sport you need as many 1% edges as you can. Tactics are clearly flailing as is evident by our predictable attack and worsening defence. As others have said, thanks for your services, BA. We enjoyed the week leading up to the Grand Final. We've enjoyed some of the signings. But the time is clearly now. 

• A coaches responsibilities,  instill discipline,  hold people to account,  set standards, uphold set standards,  motivate,  encourage,  nurture,  construct a game plan that suits your players strengths.  BA falls short on many of the qualities that make a good coach, I can't bring myself to continue to suffer supporting thos team with him as head coach,  the board can not sir by and let this continue,  the time for change is now. 

• What I saw was ba making himself unaccountable again blaming the players for not turning up, and indirectly telling the media that his tactics are good enough beat the cowboys because the effort was there, and if the same effort was taken into this game we should have had the same winning result.

He thinks he's untouchable. It's all about his pay packet for Brad as the bs spin he continues to dribble out is nothing more than pulling the woll over his dwindling unicorn supporters eyes.

• Yep never seen a more, 'in it for himself coach' in my life.

It's all about him and his kids careers - screw the long suffering fans...

BA do the club you say you love so much a favour and seriously just F off to another club that will buy your bullshit.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Hell On Eels replied to Rabz S's discussion South Sydney to offer Wayne Bennett three-year deal as Eels pass on supercoach
"Frankie, Yep, fair points.
Yet, hasn't Sue Coleman been with us for some time? And her profile says she held a position on our PNRL footy board before.
Sue was at the 66th AGM (Jack's Bar and Grill) on 27 Feb 2024 in her capacity as a director of…"
43 minutes ago
Snakey - Sack Dylan Brown replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Senior Players / BA
"Exactly right Brad, we're in the comfort zone, we have been for a long time under BA and this board.
Theres plenty of people at the club feathering their own nests and pissing in each others pockets.
Theres obviously a huge lack of accountability…"
1 hour ago
KENDOZA replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Senior Players / BA
"Gutho is so far up Arthur's arse if he spits its coming out of Arthur's mouth"
1 hour ago
KENDOZA replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Senior Players / BA
"Jnr is only here for the cash he doesn't want to burn himself out for his boxing career once he retires."
1 hour ago
More…