Most embarrassing game in our history?

What an absolute shambles. Embarrassed to be an Eels supporters. How do we lose to an under strength B grade side? We should have dominated. It's just fickin heartbreaking. The writing was on the wall at the end of the first half yet Brad said ''continue doing what you're doing''! The guy is clueless. 
And then Dylan Brown said at the end of the game 'we just didn't turn up'! Seriously? Your job that you get paid well for is to turn up and perform just once a week! Just once!  
The relentless pain of supporting this team continues. 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Brad is a likeable but not a very technical coach who his players usually give extra efforts for. If Brad owned a bricklaying company his workers would put in the extras &  lay more bricks than most other companies,  but at the end of the day when the inspection process is complete, the house will need to be dismantled due to too many technical faults. 

That's the best way to describe what's happening here. That's why ba is mr 33% in finals because the house he has built has zero foundations 

• That's a fair call Chief.

• You can see from 2022, we were full of confidence and the boys were doing it for themselves to go out on a high together. BA did do a good job but tactically messed it up badly. Showed he is not good enough for that. He is a good coach and will land at another club, but now is the time for both parties to say thank you and walk into the sunset of different directions.

Though, one thing that hasn't been good is the word of some bridges he burns. Nathan Brown and Tim Mannah just completley left to rot in Cup. Mick Potter just moved on mid year, Kidwell out of nowhere mid year gets up and leaves, Ryan Carr promised by BA that in around 2023 he would step aside into a new role and Carr can take over then signs an extension til 2025, Nathan Brown (coach) rumour of him getting out as BA and him did not see eye to eye. Now i know all bar the Carr one to be here say, the Carr one i have been told from family member himself with messages, but that with the apparent fact not one of his assistants have gone on to be head coaches. Only one you can argue is Peter Gentle but he was an interim at Brisbane so wasn't hired for the role. That shows he is a man of arrogance and also insecurity. He gets by with a squad that loves him and believes in him, but if another coach gets liked more it could spell issues. Jarryd Hayne called for his hiring in 2014 over Jason Taylor, we saw why in 2018 when Hayne single handedly made the dressing room toxic as he did what he pleased.

Now has done great things. The Marata Niukore story about his kids is just a great story whether you like BA or not. Plus i have met him before at a fan day, he was nothing but a pure gentleman and was so open and willing to stand and have a chat. Just a great all around bloke. But his ways are dated, he needs a new challenge, new scenary, new fans and new players across the board.

Plus those who didn't want Flanno and said he is nothing without peptides? Did you want to retract that? Making a bottom 2 roster somewhat competitive.

• Wonder if the $4,000 they were asking for in return for a trip to Darwin and have a BBQ with the team with accommodation and flights is worth what they dished up.

It is hard as i pay a lot for my season tix and love going to the footy, one thing in my life i look forward too oddly enough. I want to give up my seats in protest but at same time also i do not want to lose my seats as they are so good when they start doing well again as having those seats at time will make the feeling even better. Might do where you can sell you seats to other people for the games and the club pay you back what they get. Just for the year as it is not worth it but want to keep the seats.

• I never agree with anything I have ever read or hear at TCT but I'll give some credit where its due.

60s last year in his yearly review said that this team was a team in decline based on the ages of most of the forwards and some backs. How can you argue against that?

What he never ever does is criticise the coach especially when warranted, but I think he hit the nail on the head re Lane, Paulo, Gutho and RCG.

Wrong side of the back end of their careers and we will start to see more of these types of performancea unless we start moving a few on - that includes BA though, he's cooked.

• Read between the lines, it's not BA's fault,  the players are past it he needs time to rebuild.  

Some may be on the decline but most are still good enough to be a top 4 side with good coaching,  give this squad to Bennett,  Bellamy,  cleary, God even Stuart,  and we would be seeing far better results,  I'm 100% sure of that.

• I agree that this squad would still be a top 4 side under many other coaches but you can't argue that some are declining.

We need to move on a few IMO but if obviously start with the coach..

• Bennett wouldn't have made one of the biggest rugby league fuck ups of all time by not carrying a back up 7. That's totally in Arthur.  

• HKF, Bennett comes with a fear of leaving us in a worse state once he leaves. The reason behind that would him being there for such a short time he has no foresight to the future as he wont be here plus why make a team he will face in the future better. But in 3 years does he have a team that can win it? I think he has a team that can at least get close. He already would have a Halfback. Plus a young Five-eighth. Develop MA and you have a Hooker. Then if he rates Lomax place him at 1 or kick Gutho into gear and spine is set. Bennett is a player whisperer.

Is it worth the risk for 3 years? Absolutely. More of a risk with an unknown who could set us back 5-10 years. But as you said, give Bennett, Bellamy, Robinson, Webster, Stuart, Cleary, hell even Flanagan this team and we put out a much better performance.

• LB the biggest fear with Bennett is that he could kick the bucket at any time . Poor lurker would be waiting for the  team lists on a Tuesday and then in comes the news that Bennett pass away at training .

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Graham polkinghorne replied to Rabz S's discussion South Sydney to offer Wayne Bennett three-year deal as Eels pass on supercoach
"Not sure about that. Doubt Souths are going to wait 2mths for Bennet to choose between the 2 clubs. Souths have copped a bit of flak over how they have handled this coaching saga already. Think they will put a firm offer on the table, give Bennet…"
2 minutes ago
Titan replied to Rabz S's discussion South Sydney to offer Wayne Bennett three-year deal as Eels pass on supercoach
"Yep Sue are the exact types on a sporting club board who will not do whatever it takes for that club to be successful on the field immediately. "
27 minutes ago
Avon Barksdale replied to Rabz S's discussion South Sydney to offer Wayne Bennett three-year deal as Eels pass on supercoach
"Hopefully this is all smoke and mirrors from the Parramatta management. But I think they are incompetent so maybe they genuinely aren't interested. If that's the case then I don't know what to say, they truely don't care about winning a comp if they…"
29 minutes ago
Kurupt - Part Time Coach replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Senior Players / BA
"🤣"
1 hour ago
More…