Most embarrassing game in our history?

What an absolute shambles. Embarrassed to be an Eels supporters. How do we lose to an under strength B grade side? We should have dominated. It's just fickin heartbreaking. The writing was on the wall at the end of the first half yet Brad said ''continue doing what you're doing''! The guy is clueless. 
And then Dylan Brown said at the end of the game 'we just didn't turn up'! Seriously? Your job that you get paid well for is to turn up and perform just once a week! Just once!  
The relentless pain of supporting this team continues. 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• That's it, blaming his players - they'll turn on him now.....

• Frank, speaking of blaming your players, serious question, did you play Jack Bostock in SC?

• Muttman when the team is running smooth they do play some great attacking clinical footy. Half of the players are looking unfit, not interested and not responding to ba. So definitely time for ba to be shown the door. The players did literally just stop playing, they should of just walked off the park and had a early shower. Beau champion and Aiden tolman coaching the kempsey a grade team would of beat parra today. 

• We gave up. Our marker defence in particular was the worst I have ever seen in a 30 min period in the nrl. Literally the worst in the history of the sport. Sure line speed and one on one tackles were poor that's happened plenty of times in NRL history, but never in the history of the sport has a team in a 30 min period had marker defence that gave up like that. Crazy stuff to watch.

• Joey Lussick was absolutely and utterly cooked. It's over for him. 

Whilst I hate to continue the legacy, I'd be giving young Matt Arthur a run next week. You just can't play Lussick again. 

• We spent 20 minutes camped on their line and couldn't score for the life of us. Even when we were 30 points behind we had more play the balls in the Phins 20m zone than they had in ours.

Our defence was the worst I've seen in the NRL in a long time. And our attack was impotent. We had the chance to put 20 points on in the first 30 mins and we failed. Then they got on a roll and we failed to stop it.

We're back to being an embarrassing football side.

• Sadly, we are absolutely back to an embarrassing footy side... but even worse, we're an embarrassing side that is made up of many big names, big salaries and big reputations. Our best... the collective of big names, big paychecks, big reputations, big egos were put to shame by an almost reserve grade Dolphins team tonight.

No reps, no massive salaries... but they had speed, guts, fitness, ticker, toughness etc. We're meant to have the superstar forward pack... where were they? A couple of ancient Bromwich's owned them... along with a ex-Souths journeyman... a lock that went hard all night in the heat and is probably on $150k... an outcast Dogs hooker... and a couple of others I don't even know who they were.

Their backs were quick... and that was even without their quickest! We have slugs. A fullback held together with sticky tape, a slow unwanted Manly centre, a Rhino winger who is piss poor etc. 

Brad Arthuir is a simpleton... and in many ways a fraud... he employs a tactic often used by shithouse piss weak managers in the corporate world, I work with a few who are the corporate equivalents of BA. There is a playbook for these people.

Surround yourself with hopeless people who are no threat. Over-pay, over-promote and over-hype these people. They get rewarded... however, while they will never admit it, they know they are getting massive overs... as such, you have their blind loyalty... they will always talk you up and say you're great... in footy terms "they love playing for the coach"... because you give them something they know they won't get elsewhere. Viscious circle created... useless protects useless.

However, eventually it crashes down... it always does... I have seen so many of these people be made 'redundant' after previously being on a pedestal so high. The time comes when sheer weight of results crushes the false narrative that has been built. At that point, the useless manager will then turn and throw the same people they have promoted, overpaid, defended etc all under the bus... becuase if they don't, the gunsights will be pointing their way.

That's what BA did tonight.

He needs to go... now. 

• The thing is them big name forwards are getting older. You can't chase the collision for so many years and get no wear and tear. We need to move some big name forwards why they still have value. Penrith just did it and that's the reason why, he was starting to get older and slow down. 

• Just before halftime when we had the ball near the try line DB kicked the ball into Nikoruma who thought he was going out so threw the ball back, no Parra jersey in sight considering it bounced just before the try line then for the phins to jump on the ball again with no Parra jersey in sight so the phins player gets up and runs 20. Right there I knew we were gone.

What an embarrassing group of players to put the jersey on than tonight in a very long time.

• Just saw highlights of the Dragons game... Lomax has more talent than our entire backline combined.

Can't wait for him to get here... but after tonight it seems like giving caviar to pigs.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Senior Players / BA
"We should of been improving over the last few seasons but we have gone backwards. Having no back half, or plan b going into the season is just plan stupidity. Same with no first grade hooker. 
Forwards look lethargic, slow, under done and not…"
10 minutes ago
Hell On Eels replied to Rabz S's discussion South Sydney to offer Wayne Bennett three-year deal as Eels pass on supercoach
"Frankie, Yep, fair points.
Yet, hasn't Sue Coleman been with us for some time? And her profile says she held a position on our PNRL footy board before.
Sue was at the 66th AGM (Jack's Bar and Grill) on 27 Feb 2024 in her capacity as a director of…"
59 minutes ago
Snakey - Sack Dylan Brown replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Senior Players / BA
"Exactly right Brad, we're in the comfort zone, we have been for a long time under BA and this board.
Theres plenty of people at the club feathering their own nests and pissing in each others pockets.
Theres obviously a huge lack of accountability…"
1 hour ago
KENDOZA replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Senior Players / BA
"Gutho is so far up Arthur's arse if he spits its coming out of Arthur's mouth"
1 hour ago
More…