Most embarrassing game in our history?

What an absolute shambles. Embarrassed to be an Eels supporters. How do we lose to an under strength B grade side? We should have dominated. It's just fickin heartbreaking. The writing was on the wall at the end of the first half yet Brad said ''continue doing what you're doing''! The guy is clueless. 
And then Dylan Brown said at the end of the game 'we just didn't turn up'! Seriously? Your job that you get paid well for is to turn up and perform just once a week! Just once!  
The relentless pain of supporting this team continues. 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Lomax might have 2nd thoughts now. I feel sorry for Lomax coming under this crap coach.

• Definitely up there. Few really bad games in the SK and RS years where I think the team got booed off the ground by our own fans. Those 90s floggings can perhaps be forgiven as we just didn't have the players on deck. I'm disappointed in our attack tonight in the first half as much as our defence in the second. That's the real worry. Notice that our team isn't producing any exciting highlights this year in terms of open footy and pace. That's a worry as the top teams are scoring good tries. 

• This is the worst performance since the Cowboys game, I believe it was also under BA. Hate to say this but the season is gone now, too much to try to climb back from with Mitch still an age away. 

• Players that need to be shamed,

Cartwright. Since returning from injury he has been abysmal,  poor discipline,  errors and lack of effort have been par for the course. 

Matterson,  less than making up the numbers. He is a ghost.

Lussick,  probably had two decent to good games this year, the rest have been poor to be kind. 

These three need to be dropped,  it won't happen because BA is not a leader.

• Another player that needs to be called out on tonight's performance is asi, what the fuck was he doing tonight?, the only times I seen him was when he put a grubber I to the ingoal that was kicked so hard it went through the back fence and when he passed to lanes back shoulder. You can't have missed tackles if you don't try to make any. Fuck off back to reserve grade. 

• Cartwright started off pretty good, did some good things. Probably tried to hard at times, missed a few tackles though. Do they train with different players in positions? So when injuries happen they just slot straight in. Penrith have players training defensively and attacking in out of position slots every training session. 

• Easily the most embarassing.

Their fullback is a 65kg ringing wet reserve grader who was busting through our middle at will.  That side was mostly journeymen who showed up with the right attitude  and it was enough to easily roll our side. Some of the efforts by Parra players was beyong embarrassing.  You can cop a loss , even an upset..its a hard comp to win in. But 3 of our first 7 games have had pea heart efforts and our structures are not good enough to keep us in games if the effort is even slightly off. We need 17 blokes going full tilt to make up for our shitty wingers and structures .. the team is looking run down  from their early efforts very early this season.

• The embarrassing thing is that if you look at say the top 10 most  embarrassing performances by any team over the last 11  seasons Brad Arthur coached teams featured in most of them , the bogan devon and sauce eating dope had broken 7 losing margin records for the the eels 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 

Brad Arthur has become a millionaire on the back of rubbish and the fact he has absolute low standard people who first hired him and low standard people who have continued to re hire him . 

No other club would of kept such a poor quality coach for this long . 

• Spot on, I said I would have sacked him after getting the wooden spoon in 2018 and even though we made the gf in 2022 I still believe he should have been sacked after getting the spoon in his 5th year as head coach.  It wasn't as if he had a bad roster. It was a top 4 roster. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Hell On Eels replied to Rabz S's discussion South Sydney to offer Wayne Bennett three-year deal as Eels pass on supercoach
"Frankie, Yep, fair points.
Yet, hasn't Sue Coleman been with us for some time? And her profile says she held a position on our PNRL footy board before.
Sue was at the 66th AGM (Jack's Bar and Grill) on 27 Feb 2024 in her capacity as a director of…"
29 minutes ago
Snakey - Sack Dylan Brown replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Senior Players / BA
"Exactly right Brad, we're in the comfort zone, we have been for a long time under BA and this board.
Theres plenty of people at the club feathering their own nests and pissing in each others pockets.
Theres obviously a huge lack of accountability…"
1 hour ago
KENDOZA replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Senior Players / BA
"Gutho is so far up Arthur's arse if he spits its coming out of Arthur's mouth"
1 hour ago
KENDOZA replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Senior Players / BA
"Jnr is only here for the cash he doesn't want to burn himself out for his boxing career once he retires."
1 hour ago
More…