Most embarrassing game in our history?

What an absolute shambles. Embarrassed to be an Eels supporters. How do we lose to an under strength B grade side? We should have dominated. It's just fickin heartbreaking. The writing was on the wall at the end of the first half yet Brad said ''continue doing what you're doing''! The guy is clueless. 
And then Dylan Brown said at the end of the game 'we just didn't turn up'! Seriously? Your job that you get paid well for is to turn up and perform just once a week! Just once!  
The relentless pain of supporting this team continues. 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Lol imagine it. If he was really sick with the flu last night, then not great when that can sideline him. Honestly, i think he just couldn't be bothered going to Darwin and let Woolf get a go with the boys.

• Don't reckon Bennett is the answer for long term. He tends to leave clubs in a worse condition. A quick fix isn't required even it brings a premiership which I doubt with 1 yr at Bennett at the helm. 

• I said for short term it is worth the punt. But i would rather that than a rookie coach where you might get a Webster or a Garth Brennan. In 2-3 years we have better chance of winning a comp with Bennett than BA. I believe that.

• I think I remember watching that episode. Sixties said he was very concerned about our lack of depth in the backs more than anything and how the club had not made an attempt to sign anyone. And then about a month after the video was published we signed Morgan Harper....but that was about it.

•  i don't mind listening to TCT guys, theyre die hard fans who badly want us to succeed and seem like decent blokes.

I feel at times though there needs to be some higher expectations from the fans and some demand for accountability for what we are seeing. There are holes in the squad and some depth issues in key spots.. but it doesnt excuse things we are seeing under BA's watch. As ive said in other threads there are guys who we have invested time and development in and played in NRL who are deadset not first graders. These guys should be the pick of our juniors and filling out our squad nicely. The core is there to be a top 4 side. Guys like Russell, Dunster , Jake Arthur, Hands,  Asi, Greig, Doorey, Moretti are in most cases not first grade quality players. We are filling out our squad with absolute rubbish and there is a big issue in the talent identification and retention at the club. We cant go into a season as a side with fair dinkum aspirations with Russell and Dunster starting and being first cab off the rank.  Jake Arthur should not have been our halves depth. Look at the back up halves Penrith , Brisbane etc have had over the last few years and compare it to what we have. Theres been no investment in the postion at all theres just 100% reliance on Moses and Brown getting through the season. Heaven forbib Gutho goes down because we havent invested in a backup 1 either. Brisbane lose Walsh and can spend a couple of weeks getting him right . We lose Gutho and chuck a kid who's played 2 games of cup at fullback or Russell who probably needs help putting his shorts on the right way. 

On top of that BA's effort based game plan isn't sustainable. The best clubs have solid systems that are complemented by effort. The shapes run in attack are complete garbage . We have to break down the defence through weight of possession and offloads with ad-lib football. To me thats a failing on the coaches when that and kicking is what your attack is. I'd let that pass if our defensive systems were top notch but theyre garbage too. All of this has been spoken about but if we don't really bring 110% effort across the board we are screwed. We need to be scrambling in defence to plug the leaks and working to exhaustion. Our forwards also get next to no help from the backs. Then we have to backup and do it again in 6 days ... its not sustainable.  In my opinion we have to work harder than most teams to cover for system inefficiencies and for carrying some absolute nuffys in the side. One example of this is the Canberra game where we're asking Dylan Brown to run the side at 7, and cover 3000m scrambling in defence because Sivo doesnt want to run 15 metres and keeps getting burnt on simple spreads. The team worked their rings off in that game against NQ and whilst yes that is the expectaion of being a good first grade side... our failings put so much pressure on the side to work hard that I think its really little wonder they come out 6 days later in Darwin and look shot. The systems have to be solid and BA seems to neglect this or have no idea of it everytime we hear him speak.  Its always 'lack of effort'.. these guys want to win and have pride in their performance ... its lack of quality coaching systems coupled with lack of ability of certain players we have on the field and tired efforts. 

• Smartest  and best balanced comment I have read on here in a long time.

• I agree SP, TCT have some great content. Love their previews and reviews and even their poddy basically as it is the only one out there that is even tolerable to listen to.

But their blocking the ears and closing their eyes of the BA hate is ridiculous and i want to hear them say BA has not done a good job since Moses broke his foot. 

• Well they will never be critical of BA and when you start a forum but have basic rules like - you can't be critical of the coach , then it is a pretend fan boy site. You can't ever disagree with Sixties as he gets completely butt hurt and can be quite vicious in his retorts.

Look, they are obviously great Eel fans but it's quite obvious they have to produce content that favours the club to continue access. Hell they are still rating Haze Dunster a chance of immortal status ! 

Whenever I read the site, I have the above in mind and know it's not completely objective. 

• I have found him to be bit immature in his responses, like the BA should just walk since he is not appreciated comment, which can be disappointing since how well he talks on podcast. But even when they did an editorial on Matt Arthur when he was 9-10 years old you knew they were too far in to knock him. 

I mean he even mentioned after the Canberra loss how big the Eels job is and that SK and Stuart left cause it was too hard to show how tough BA is. But on top of that mentioned Bellamy has only been at one club so no guarentees he does well elsewhere to where i thought you are kidding yourself if you think we are better off with BA over Bellamy.

They can still support him and admit it is better for both parties to move on.

• As a supporter group can we please all please unite on one thing. Let's petition the NRL for no more Thursday, Friday or even Saturday games. I'm sick of starting my weekends in a near depressed state.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Hell On Eels replied to Rabz S's discussion South Sydney to offer Wayne Bennett three-year deal as Eels pass on supercoach
"Frankie, Yep, fair points. Yet, hasn't Sue Coleman been with us for some time? And her profile says she held a position on our PNRL footy board before.
Sue was at the 66th AGM (Jack's Bar and Grill) on 27 Feb 2024 in her capacity as a director of…"
3 minutes ago
Snakey - Sack Dylan Brown replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Senior Players / BA
"Exactly right Brad, we're in the comfort zone, we have been for a long time under BA and this board.
Theres plenty of people at the club feathering their own nests and pissing in each others pockets.
Theres obviously a huge lack of accountability…"
57 minutes ago
KENDOZA replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Senior Players / BA
"Gutho is so far up Arthur's arse if he spits its coming out of Arthur's mouth"
1 hour ago
KENDOZA replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Senior Players / BA
"Jnr is only here for the cash he doesn't want to burn himself out for his boxing career once he retires."
1 hour ago
More…