Moses

• What should parra do with Moses? Do we keep him and think his going to lead us to a premiership or do parra shop him around like they were in 2018 before he had a tough one on one with BA. I say give him back to the tigers and we can have benji for cheap and spend the rest somewhere else, maybe go after staggs or another aggressive forward. 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Moses is the best halfback in the comp, being let down by no go forward and shit ass backs and a hooker who is absolutely clueless, and no help from a cocky young 6

• So if Mahoney is a clueless hooker pauly, who would you play there instead?

• Pauly Pauly you have no idea as most of the games we got beatin the forwards were actually doing their job and we had lots of go forward and Moses still couldn't finish it off or grind out a win.

• A running five eight is where he belongs. He is no organising half that's for sure. Unless he wakes up very quickly. 

• Of course we should keep him.

Does he have areas to grow? Yes
    Has he shown growth since he's been here? Absolutely yes.

He turned 26 a few days ago, the kid has plenty of years left in him and we have the potential to have him and DBrown grow together into a formidable force.

For once we have a spine that could remain settled for some years to come (Gutho (26), Mahoney (22), Brown (20) and Moses (26)) and we all know what a settled spine can do for a team. That is a talented spine. If you want to disrupt it you'd have to call out a player we could replace any of the above with that would be worth regressing 1+ years worth of cohesion for.

There is no doubt in my mind that, under the right guidance, that spine could win a premiership. We have two experienced heads (Gutho / Moses) and two up and comers (Brown / Mahoney) who have both already had teams drooling over them. If we have Moses and Gutho mature at the same time as Brown and Mahoney find their feet we could have THE spine of the competition. Sure, none of them are probably going to be the best in the world in their position - but that's not what we're aiming for. We're aiming for the best combined spine (all top 5 in their spots at the same time)...and I absolutely think that is achieveable.

I'd much prefer our spine than most in the competition. Moses included.

• Lucky we are running fourth. imagine if we were outside the top 8 the number of negative blogs this site would have.

Got to love the Parra supporters they know how to rally behind their team.

• Same shit, different blog title...

https://www.1eyedeel.com/forum/topics/matt-burton

Matt Burton
    The Eels most disappointing player in the last 4 weeks has been MM. If possible i would like to see him moved on.I know he was DM 7 in 2019, but he h…
  • Last year you wouldn't trade Moses for anyone. At the beginning of the year he was still in form and one of the best. A leg injury has significantly slowed him down. Relax Jack and give him another year to prove his value.

• I am still undecided on Moses. However, for the most part, I have never been a big fan. He has all the skills and instincts, but his mind is brittle and he plays without composure. 

I didn't rate him while at the tigers and was not happy that we paid him to play 7. I would have preferred Brooks, literally. 

Then, when he came, he was everything I thought he would be. Shit, with very occasional sprinklings of brilliant. I thought Norman was the better option and the Dragons (rightly or wrongly) seemed to agree. As I understand it, there was interest for Norman but not Moses.

However, I was forced to eat my words last year. Moses was good, really good. He consistently played with time and proved to me that he can step up and be an elite half.  He started the year in the same form. That can't be fluked.

However, he is yet to play an outstanding game, or even a noteably good game, against the top sides and I don't accept his injury is the sole reason for his form slump. He still has pace and he still does all the kicking,  so how can we accept his injury has curtaile him so much? It certainly doesn't excuse his poor passing and positional play, nor his organising of the troops (who have been very clunky). Guth seems to be our most important play maker at the moment. 

I am fast giving up on Moses again.  Hopefully Joey gets him back on track. 

• Couldn't agree more with all that you have said.Somewhere there in him is a good footballer but you need CONSISTANCY and he has never shown that and don't think he ever will.His demeanour on the field also has a little bit to be desired as far as leadership skills go and also getting us out of trouble when the chips are down in my opinion.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Yeah Man's discussion What Preist stabbed in Sydney
"I honestly don't get how you can riot, assault police and destroy police cars and the crowd is not subject to a police investigation an ensuing charges ro be laid in fact they got sympathy from the head copper. They're no different to the morons at…"
1 hour ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 7 Team List v Dolphins
"Oh jeeezus , another 10 year contract coming up for a guy based on potential. "
1 hour ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Axel's discussion Sivo impressing Arthur but Eels recall still on hold
"He seem to me like a mixture of laziness and age catching up with a guy who doesn't seem to age well. He's like the reverse Benjamin Button. He ages in dog years. He looks older than me . "
2 hours ago
Gaz Nelson replied to Parra_Greg's discussion Our New Middle Forwards ?
"The one up plodder Aidan Tolman had a day? "
2 hours ago
More…