More of the same next year

Same coach, same assistants, no Fergo or Lussick, and  no new signings. Is it just me or will we finish around the same spot next year or worse? I wish I had TCTs confidence. One  final question. How the hell have the dogs squeezed all these new signings into the salary cap? 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 1
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Barrett is an A grade dumbcunt. Gould has just gone on a spending spree and worry about the ramifications later methinks.  Back in the day the Dibb family used to funnel money off to players via " business partnerships " which were arranged all " at arms length " with nothing to do with the club of course.   I know this as I was approached more than once to do shady shit as a sponsorship manager for my employer , I used to manage the corporate suite . I have little doubt they're still doing things the exact same way. 

They gave players cheap as shit shares in their car wash on Hume Hwy and then funnelled cash to them by having players working there and pocketing cash instead of putting it in the till. Ben Barba , and a whole heap of young guns used to wash cars coming through the ranks and senior players bought into the business for a few years and then cashed out at ten times the cost.  I was told exactly how it worked by a player manger on the piss . 

• Most of those payers were signed, sealed & delivered well before Gus was appointed by the Dogs.

• Brett we've been over this , theyd signed about 3 players before Gus was in the picture. Most were signed after his official media release , then you can add a month or two before that where you'd assume sometime within that timeframe he had presented his plans to them and the wheels were in motion. 

Gould first denied he was in talks with Canterbury in March , he denied it again in June and then made it official on the 16th July. 

Almost everyone has signed post Gould's official release , as soon as he signed the flood gates opened.

• Gus was first approached by the Dogs earlier in the year but was still working for the Warriors and told them no. He was actually in NZ working for the Warriors as late as the end of July, it was only after it was apparent that he wasn't going to be able to do much for the Warriors due to COVID, and the Dogs asking him again at this time that he agreed to become their GM, and even then he didn't start work for them until the end of the regular season.

Matt Burton was signed last year.

Jack Hetherington was signed last year.

Brent Naden was announced in April.

JAC was signed last year.

Matt Dufty was signed in July.

TPJ signed in July, and I remember it was a week before Gus was announced.

Paul Vaughn was signed at the end of July.

Of those, only Matt Dufty, TPJ & Paul Vaughn were signed after Gus started with the Dogs, and only by a few days, I doubt he had much input into those negotiations.

• Gus initiated and chose who the Dogs would be signing well before he joined the warriors. Joining the warriors was only a plan to cover his tracks as to not be seemed as someone who would raid his old club. Don't be fooled, Gus was always going to the dogs. Yes the world works in mysterious ways.

Gus had his hands on the dogs cap as soon as Barrett arrived two years back.

• Garbage 

• Parramatta have too pull there socks up before they fall off the rails and we go back to square one. 

• Lussick played a handful of games did bugger all to be honest as for  fergo big loss but seeing dunster in that final think he is more than capable of taking he's spot . As for signings it's  been a less than a week after the season  wouldn't stress to much  about it

• Yep, doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different outcome, is the very definition of madness.

Seems near enough is good enough for those in charge at our club.

• Was hoping sterlo might come on board as a analyst and mentor the side , a motivater

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Shane replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Sea Eagles vs Eels
"That commentary is terrible, of that was a Roosters player or a Panthers player Fitler and Johns would be calling for blood. "
31 seconds ago
CarloEEL2 replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Sea Eagles vs Eels
"Mb he's trying to replicate a Kenny cramp ???"
1 minute ago
My Bob replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Sea Eagles vs Eels
"Absolute Bull Shit sin bin. Landed on his back. Good tackle in my day. Soft cocks! "
1 minute ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Sea Eagles vs Eels
"We will lose this now . Our record against 12 men is shocking. "
1 minute ago
More…