Moderators and Moderation

Im posting this blog in the hope that it may clear up any concerns that anyone on this great site regarding the 'Moderators' and their position and responsibility of 'Moderating' the site and assisting 'Super'. Myself and BEM are at this stage been given this responsibility if people were not already aware of this prior to this blog then everyone should be now. Myself and BEM are limited in our responsibilities as 'Moderators' and do not at this stage have the authority to just 'shut down' blogs, suspend those who continually break the 'Code of Conduct' or delete comments that are inappropriate. We can however monitor blogs and warn people of any inappropriate comments and give them the opportunity to respond to either apologise and alter their comments or both before we radically delete, suspend or shut down even IF we had the authority to do so. We are aware that not everyone may be pleased with the processes we take but I can guarantee we will endeavour to do our best and to be in alignment with the 'Code of Conduct' but also be supportive and diplomatic in our dealings with ALL members whether theyve been on the site for years of if they are new and finding their way. Please understand that both myself and BEM are both new to this role and we are also endeavouring to find our feet. So please be patient and show us some grace please. We appreciate your support, advice in doing our job and in continuing to make this site a great place. We can not do this on our own it is a whole team effort.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Monto BEM but Im currently in Cairns for work committments.

• Sorry to hear that Monto - hope you manage to escape Cairns as soon as possible. lol

• Who moderates the moderators when they need moderating? 

• We must take all things in Moderation EAM - we could appoint Poppa, he seems a nice upstanding member to be guardian of  knowing where to draw the line. HeeHee.

Oh how I am loving his absence - bet he serves it up to me IF he is ever allowed back here.

8477095895?profile=RESIZE_400x

• In moderation like a cheap whisky?

• The anti - Dendites take care of that.

• WTF is a dendite?

• everybody knows that Sir Col

Dendrites are projections of a neuron (nerve cell) that receive signals (information) from other neurons. The transfer of information from one neuron to another is achieved through chemical signals and electric impulses, that is, electrochemical signals.

• The Anti-Dendites!

https://youtu.be/ne_ucyzLK6E

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Bob Smith replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion The real truth - what next ?
"I see another 2012, 2013 happening soon. The ageing roster will be gone soon."
27 seconds ago
Hugo replied to Speech's discussion NRL Charges
"You are right but by the very nature of the game, NRL is so subjective on the personal whims of the referee. 
It's very ripe for corruption that's for sure. 
How to you fix it ? You can't, without slowing the game down so much that it becomes NFL.…"
2 minutes ago
Speech replied to Speech's discussion NRL Charges
"Clearly the NRL disagree as they only fined him. "
3 minutes ago
Offside replied to Speech's discussion NRL Charges
"Suvo deserved to be binned the manly one was a sin bin on account of 2 players and how he landed.

I was hoping Sivo would get a 12 game suspension hopefully he's sees the rest of the year in reserve grade that us still a grade above what he should…"
6 minutes ago
More…