John Fonua

Looked good in the trial match - strong runner, knows his way to the try line, nice passes. Thought his defence looked good if I am remembering correctly. Does anyone know anything about him? Think he is 20 this year.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• We'll wait and see, Penrith will be a much tougher opposition though, based on what i have seen of him in Wenty i'm not conviced about all the hype he's getting. I remember a player we had back in the late 80's called Greg Drake, big frame, tall but turned out to be average at best.In contrast Oregen Kafusi is looking a very likely prospect maybe thats why they upgraded his contract and in our top 30, in my view he's a better player than Stefano from what i have seen so far.

http://best.In/
        • Now there was a name from that tough era, Greg Drake. Big guy and yes slow, but he was young when he entered NSWRL etc. shame as lots of young guys in that era could have been better with some astute coaching and recruitment alongside.

• The ''bone rattler'' Peter Johnston was young to back then and he turned out as tough as teak.

• He was superb and had the headgear to with it. Saw him shorten up Ian Roberts at Brookvale one day. We had some useful juniors (Mahon, Liddiard, Bell, Penna and more) back then, but old heads were a little over the hill.

• Is this guy still with the club?

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Will 5150 replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Sea Eagles vs Eels
"This is the game blog Seth... the Dreams blog is somewhere in Socials... be careful, there is some frightening stuff in there though."
5 minutes ago
Seth hardy replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Sea Eagles vs Eels
"Parra by 114, Shaun Lane to terrorise the opposition  and score 8 tries. "
8 minutes ago
Will 5150 replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Sea Eagles vs Eels
"Touch n' go I believe Wizard... apparently some parents have been out there flat knacker picking up dog turds, running up and down with the Victa, slapping some ceiling white on the sidelines, filling in all the practice chip shot divots and…"
10 minutes ago
"Who friggin' knows with this Jekyl & Hyde team we follow. Do they fire up after BA's internal sledge... or do they just go meh, whatever baldy, you're about to get the arse. Of course we want to win but if a loss actually sparked the Board of Dills…"
18 minutes ago
More…