It is not Arthur's fault: Gus Gould

Funny that Gould defends Arthur saying he is not the problem, the problem is their junior development is messed up. Yeah you know who else's junior pathways is bad? Canterbury and who coached them when the pathways were slowly being worked on? Barrett. But you sacked him when the junior pathways werent great. You sacked Cleary when the Penrith pathways weren't going well. You sacked Griffin whent they were in the top 4 winning games!!!!!!

Nobody brings it up as it's Gus. If you do you lose your job. But just funny how he defends coaches, i know why since he was one, but ironic that he says it is not Arthur's fault due to pathways, yet sacked Barrett when the pathways were the same.

http://https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/nrl/article-13338353/Phil-Gould-Parramatta-Eels-NRL-premiership-contender-2024-coach-Brad-Arthur.html

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I've also mentioned Matt Cameron- we needed him two yrs ago. 

• Perhaps he is getting in early so when BA goes and Ciraldo is inevitably sacked Gould can sign BA as their coach.

• Didn't Barrett quit he was granted a bit of leave and then put in his notice?

• I don't think so, he was sacked. Why would he go through the problems of signing players for the future? They had an emergency meeting, talk was Barrett would be gone and came out as both parties agreed to separate. SK did same thing, said he quit but was sacked it's respectful way of doing it.

• Ive visited parramatta areas several times last few years, all i see is indians, meaning indian kids dont play footy, so alot less to choose from now. 
    i dont mean this as derogatory, just observation

• Eels junior catchment areas isn't just the units around Westfield Parramatta. Go to their website and there you will find the map.

• https://www.nrl.com/news/2024/04/23/hold-off-brad-eels-leaders-laun...

If this is the case then they can show it on Friday. If they love him so much they would not of played like that in Darwin, especially since he gave them a spray a few weeks before. Cartwright said it in Darwin hours before the match that he was pissed off that people were gunning for BA, then plays the 2nd half he did.

'Hold off Brad': Eels leaders launch passionate defence of Arthur
    The Parramatta Eels have launched a passionate defence of coach Brad Arthur as they look to rebound from a demoralising loss to the Dolphins.
  • its pretty clear that some players are at Parra for the holiday.

Some of these blokes are just barley better than park footballers.

the place needs a forest fire through the place and a good old exorcism wouldnt go astray.

Why are there no performance clauses in these contracts?.

Are the players managers writting the contracts?. Do the contracts say that the players dont have to play football if they dont feel like it?

Something else id going down within the players group. Disgruntled player or players poisoning all the other players.

Has there been a major dummy spit because Lomax has signed with the club?

Who is the player or players that this affects?. Who is their manager? Who else does the manager represent at the club?

Shit is going down and it is top secret .

• Of course its no BA fault.

These blokes need a good old bitch slapping from their mothers

Please ask the players to show their hands up if they want to test the market and leave the club now. NOW

A lot of these blokes need a new club to reinvigorate their careeres.

The RSPCA will be on to us if we keep flogging these old rundown horses.

• Gus wants the Eels to fail for as as long as possible, so of course he'll do anything to deflect criticism off the bush coach. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Bob Smith replied to Nitram's discussion Canberra won, what now?
"100% effort for the Raiders. Even when they were 16 down, they went hard. Contrast that to the crap the eels dish up."
5 minutes ago
Hell On Eels replied to The Captain's discussion Board Update: Two Directors retire from Parra Eels.board
"That's interesting Tragic, I'm not sure if Parramatta Council has become a sponsor but Sue Coleman - who many here poo-poo-ed, shat on, and pissed on with pleasure -  for her 30-year plus community service and council work has been an executive on…"
32 minutes ago
BringBackSemi replied to Nitram's discussion Canberra won, what now?
"Canberra did really well, but Manly also choked. Garrick was potting every conversion last week (I think he was 100% too). He missed like 3 last night. He gets those, Manly win. Lodge drops it cold off a kick off, there was another that Whitehead…"
36 minutes ago
Michael Ericson replied to Nitram's discussion Canberra won, what now?
"They only beat manly. I reckon if Sivo didn't brain fart we probably go on and beat them without our halfback last week too. Manly are crap "
47 minutes ago
More…