Israel folou, 2ue interview

Listening  this morning,  alan Jones  interviewing  israel folou who is raising  3 million dollars  from public donations  for his legal  fees  against  rugby  Australia for unfair  dismissal.  This morning Israel  said  his fight  is because  of his strong  Faith , beliefs  in the bible that has made him who he is today.  Now personally  ive  nothing  against  him what so ever,  but he mentions   to jones very  strongly  the importance of the bible again on which he lives  by , which  he comes  to as we all know  his public condemnation for many sinners who eventually will end up in hell . Can  those  out there  who is familiar with   the bible  tell me if Israel is 100% correct to  pass  judgement   based on his beliefs ? Here is  one  quote , but is there  another  side  ?3045972464?profile=RESIZE_710x

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Votes: 0

Replies

• Prof, I stated early in this debate and say it again, what he put up on his blog or whatever it was that the way quoted it is not literaly correct in respect to using the word Hell. I have posted at least twice the Scripture verses relating to what he said and are found in the New Testament 1 Corinthians 6.

He has failed as he posts that in the social media that also has people who are not prepared to put their names to other arrogant and demeaning posts but get away with it as they hide themselves behind some tag name.

You mention religious bigots and the days they ruled the halls of power, interestingly though for every one of those you mention and what they did wrong, is that there are a huge number of others who have served the Lord and done so exceptionally and with great sacrifice in helping children.  What has been revealed and in the areas of where its been proven and they go to jail, is justice but its only on this earth that they will get that punishment. From the Christian perspective when one reads what the Bible says, those people have commited intential sin and continues to do so without any concern, they will be judged by the Lord Jesus Christ, and as it was wilful sin they will have forfeited any right they may see to be in any other place than HELL.

2:  Freedome of speech applies to everyone, and one only had to go to the Domain in times past to listen to the rabble there and the vast majority were not spruking religion either.  One denomination as such, the Salvation Army helped people in the streets for years, they still have an annual appeal to aid them in their helpt to the destitute and poor, those in the streets and the like, there are many great people working in that capacity and some who were workers at some of the old centres for the homeless and children went to a big meeting in Goulburn year before last where some of the abuses commited there were revealed. One friend of ours who lives now as a widow was a worker there, and she was devestated when she attended that meeting to find out what happened there, it was very much closeted to the majority of workers and those abused lived in fear. This lady still in the Army still goes out every day to help others.

I don't count how many came to our small Church in Taree when I pastored there wanting money, wanting food, yet when a box of food was taken to them they rejected it if it was not a named brand. Wanting petrol money on their way home from a Gold Coast holiday, so they said, yet when money was given they used it to bue cigarettes and alchohol and when finally the aged congregation stopped giving, we were called selfish religious bigots.   Most of those so called disaffected religious types were only that way for their own cause, and many of them were religious when it suited them, wouldn't help others while they wanted help, Religiously spending up on sports, dining out, buying brand name items only> Religion is anything that controls the individual and is not necessarily to do with God.

• Thanks Colin, very erudite. See the current end of the thread where I reply.

izzy has quoted a modern version of the New Testament and distorted the meaning of the Bible 

• I may be wrong, but I was of the opinion that Israel Folou was in the Mormon Church, certainly the backdrop and pulpit area that is visible in the video's I have seen do not look like the elaberate ones normally associated with that faith.  This is only an opinion which could be well off mark, its possible that there is a small break away group, but its also unlikely.  The Mormon Church use their own translation of the Bible that was brought out by Joseph Smith the founder of the Mormons.

Its possible also that there could be a modernist revision of their Bible into modern english along with some changes, but that would have to have come from their council of leaders in the U.S.  There are some early liberal and simplistic versions of the Bibles that are not seen as translations as such. The original Living Bible, Good News, JB Phillips along with others.  Some inllustrated childrens partial books are in the same area as well.

• He and his family left the Mormon Church a few years ago.

• Thanks Brett, it certainly fits with what is going on. Being the case its unlikely that there would be a modernised version of their bible that he would be using.

• Israel claims gays will go to hell and yet we are told God created everything.  If that is the case, then God also created gay people.  Can't have it both ways.  I very much doubt that people choose to be gay, they just are. That is they way they were created. Just as I was created straight, and being straight there is no way that I could chose or want to be with a man.

• This reply was deleted.
      • I indicated earlier, I do not agree with Israels comments, however, nor do I agree with the ARUs handling of the matter.

• The issue, Mack, is that every category bar gay is a chosen thing. So he is condemning someone for a choice they never made. Guess what’s down the line of those arguments? Go to Hell for being a woman, or black, or maybe under 24, etc etc etc. 

if you cannot see the two different structures in his argument then your head is in the sand

• Pedophiles can't help how they feel either Daz. The problem for them isn't how they feel, it's acting on it. Just like any heterosexual who can't find a willing sexual partner.

• This reply was deleted.
            • My point is it's not feelings that are wrong, it's actions. Pedophiles don't go to prison if they don't act on their urges. I'd assume homosexuals don't go to Folau's hell if they don't have sex.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Frank The Tank replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Sea Eagles vs Eels
"Well don't expect our club to...
Theyll wait until BA is into his 16th year and then decide maybe he's had long enough now to deliver something.
The board is paralyzed by indecision and protecting their own jobs."
8 seconds ago
Frankie Fong replied to Frankie Fong's discussion TIME TO STOP MUCKING AROUND AND WAKE UP
"Enjoy Mutts ."
5 minutes ago
SHIRE.EEL replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Sea Eagles vs Eels
"Fmd how in the fuck is Russell 18th man "
5 minutes ago
EA replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Sea Eagles vs Eels
"Eels in a close game or manly by 30+"
6 minutes ago
More…