Injuries and age - who makes the cut?

We all know the roster is aging and lack of young talent coming through is a problem. Adding in the unbalanced salary cap sees us in the current situation we're in. 

Question is - given the age and injury toll, does anyone see any players being let go/medically retired in the near future?

Given Gutho's ongoing knee issues, I wouldn't be too shocked if something like this was announced. But much like what the Rorters are doing, it potentially frees up cap space to chance new players - although that doesn't fix the issues of players actually wanting to play for Parra.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I think Lomax to FB, Gutho to Centre with Talagi to Wing could be a strong side of the field. Gutho helps with defence while Blaize learns how to read the attacking line from him.

Bring in Moretti and Greig more and start cycling them through.

I don't feel Lane's heart is in it anymore, but that could still be nerves from 2023

• Talagi is definitely not a winger. Blaize is in cup till her is ready to be a centre or fullback. 

• The problem with bringing Greig types and this is the negative of a player like him is he's much the same of what we have now.He's laterally compromised in the middle and hasn't got the motor to play the big minutes if you have too.

When or if theres a new coach hired his first job is to see how he wants to play and reevaluate the roster.

• How Greig has been in our systems for 4 seasons is beyond belief and another black mark on ba.  Anyone can see that he's very compromised in the agility department and has zero stanima.   

# Brad out asap

• Not if we want to play the way we are in that respect he's no different to Kaufusi.

• Coryn, I saw Gus on one of his podcasts talking about Jack Hetherington from when he was at the bulldogs. He was on an alcohol ban but got into a dust up with a few blokes at a pub one weekend. Cleaned them all up. Gus was saying that Hetherington could easily be a professional boxer. His aerobic capacity and endurance, reaction times and strength are off the charts. Gus was saying that they were considering playing him on the wing!!! I do remember in one dogs game Hetherington was almost at the top speed on that telstra tracker and I thought to myself that can't be right for a bench prop.

He's obviously a few screws loose but with the right mentor do you think he would be a good acquisition?

• That's the type of lateral thinking I like Adam. Corey Oakes was a backrower before he played on the wing.

If he has lateral movement as well he could possibly play in the centres as well, centres these days are like backrowers (actually they have been for years) and some would argue centre is now a defensive position. Kotoni-Stags could play back row at a pinch and he still might one day. In the interim he is the type of centre I like, personalties aside,

• What type of winger is alamadine? 

Thanks ea

• He looks and runs like Simmo. Decent pace. Very good tackle breaking ability. If you watch his highlights, he gets line breaks in simple yardage carry's simply by busting through the middle. 

• Our roster isn't as run down as people are making out, they are in their comfort zone with BA as coach.

I new head coach will rejuvenate most of these players.

Lane is the biggest issue for me, anyone that has been following this site would know I have been one of lane's biggest supporters and have constantly told people he wasn't going as bad as people were making out in the past but now I believe he is done as an edge forward,  he either transitions to the middle or he gets moved on.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

adnan replied to Frankie Fong's discussion ANOTHER COWARD IS FOUND
"Heard she is a parra supporter"
22 minutes ago
KENDOZA replied to Frankie Fong's discussion ANOTHER COWARD IS FOUND
"He's a grub just look at his brother Tyrone may he has no respect for women either.Mark my words he won't get a harsh penalty because he plays for the golden boys."
22 minutes ago
fake midget pseudoachondroplasia replied to Frankie Fong's discussion ANOTHER COWARD IS FOUND
"May was the player who slammed someone while celebrating the grand final in 21.  Don't even think he was in the side that won grand final but remember a mate from our Penrith way saying he won't last in NRL due to his attitude and known as a…"
34 minutes ago
LB replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion David Armstrong
"Yeah Coryn, Talagi to me shows a sense of healthy arrogance about his game. It is needed when playing Fullback. The fact he has been able to be compitent at least at Fullback despite being raw in the position shows the talent he has. 
As for the…"
1 hour ago
More…