Injuries and age - who makes the cut?

We all know the roster is aging and lack of young talent coming through is a problem. Adding in the unbalanced salary cap sees us in the current situation we're in. 

Question is - given the age and injury toll, does anyone see any players being let go/medically retired in the near future?

Given Gutho's ongoing knee issues, I wouldn't be too shocked if something like this was announced. But much like what the Rorters are doing, it potentially frees up cap space to chance new players - although that doesn't fix the issues of players actually wanting to play for Parra.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• From the older forwards: RCG, Paulo, Joe O, Carty, Matto, Lane, Makatoa.

-Get rid of Makatoa and Lane (I don't think he will return to that form and his lateral defence is shit). 
    -Joe O how much is he on? I feel we could get someone that does his job for cheap

- I would keep the Matto and Paulo combo of the bench. However only keep Matto if we get a coach that doesn't take shit and expects Matto to play to his ability and not like a bitch.

- RCG to stay as our alpha leader that starts

- Carty would stay on unders I feel. Keep him. 

• From within the club, we really need Moretti, Greig and Tualagi to take that next level as they have great potential and all different type of players. Plus different body shapes in our forwards. 
      Then we have Guymer and Tuivita coming through the grades.

• No offence intended EA, but there is a big difference between wanting and needing said players to step up to the next level and then actually doing it. That is one of our biggest issues, year after year we hear of so called next big things in our ranks and they sadly don’t get to that next level.

• I would let the following go of RCG, Matterson, Joe O and Makatoa.

Paulo has found his strength adding impact off the bench, issue is his high salary as he ages.

Cartwright off the bench as a utility for mine.

Lane is laterally a risk on the edge, I would give him a year extension as a bench prop and see how he aims up.

• Let RCG go?

• We can't keep everyone mate, we have ageing players and big decisions need to be made, he is on big money and not delivering this season.

Is it his age ? Is he struggling with the speed of the game ? Or are our backs that bad that he's having to work too hard ?

• I think it's a combination of all of the above...

• Lane is useless I'd let him go before RCG. Jnr can go too before RCG.

• We need RCG .. agree with Matterson and think Lane as well. He seems soft, misses tackles and is abit unco

• Collaroy Eel. If I told you that Matto made 41 tackles and missed none in our last game against Manly, would you change your view?

I find it incredible the way people follow so blindly on this site the views of someone, without actually knowing anything about them. RCG being let go is another example.....the only way you let anyone go is to find someone better.....its really that simple.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Frankie Fong's discussion ANOTHER COWARD IS FOUND
"Vlandys is moist for the blackfullas. Will probably have his suspension pushed to next years trials so he doesn't disappoint the Panthers fans once it all blows over.  See what happens when he goes soft on these clowns , if he gave him his medicine…"
17 minutes ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Eli Stephens's discussion TITANS ATTACK
"Always had oodles of speed, just no playmakers good enough to do anything with it. "
22 minutes ago
LB replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion David Armstrong
"My 18 month old nephew could kick a ball off a tee while going to a local park in Cessnock and Johns would say he is a prodigy. The bloke backs Newcastle every week, now it has worked the last month but early in the year he was picking them and…"
1 hour ago
LB replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion David Armstrong
"Warriors aren't even winning with Shaun Johnson. I tipped them for a poor year and seems i lucked myself into a right tip. Now Johnson is out, they are more screwed. Webster now seeing what it is like being an NRL head coach.
As for out of the top…"
1 hour ago
More…