If you could sign 2 players ..

Since there is no team list this week. I pose a hypothetical question.

If you could sign any 2 players for next year, for a budget of $1.5 million , what would your line up be? Assume they would be commanding top dollar.

1. Gutho
  2. Simmo
  3. Penisni
  4. Lomax
  5. To'o (700k)
  6. Brown
  7. Moses
  8. RCG
  9. Kenny (800k)
  10. Joe O
  11. Carty
  12. Lane/Tualagi
  13. Hopgood
  14. MA
  15. Paulo
  16. Moretti
  17. Matto

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Harry Grant to 9

Reece Walsh to Fullback

would probably be my wish list. Top it off with Mr Wayne Bennett as head coach, and thats a team capable of doing something.

• Grant at hooker and Dom Young on the wing. 

• We need to get out into the country areas and ID some young hard bastards for development. 

• Why wait till next year, they should be making moves now send Paulo or Gillard to dragons for Lomax, Try get an outside back from the Raiders for sanders while Fogerty is injured. I'd also try get Damien cook for the rest of the year and next while he's out of favour.

• This! Or any of  Lane, Matterson, Cartright, to Dragons or Souths for either Lomax and/or Cook now.

• Realistically based on who is off contract 2024/2025, I hope we look at one of these players::

- Kayal Iro - played good in the games I've watched / high energy. Not sure who mentioned we should have been looking at him in the off season?

- Ronaldo Mulitalo - tackle busting winger who knows how to find the try line and is good under the high ball.

- Joseph Suaalii - would be excellent outside Penisini as mentioned already. 

Any one of these players in additional to Lomax coming in significantly improves our backline. Potentially leaves us with something like this for 2025 assuming Gutherson isn't physically up to fullback:

1) Lomax / Talagi

2) Mulitalo / Simmonson

3) Penisini

4) Gutherson

5) Simmonson / Suaalii / Iro

The other position we should be looking at is hooker. We have been severely let down in this position this year and would have really benefited from having a player like Api Koroisau.

Hopefully Matt Arthur can live up to the hype and fill this position in future however we could potentially be looking at Damien Cook who is off contract next year and seemingly out of favour at the Rabbits - potentially an option or pick up a year early. 

If we could have any two players this year though my picks would be Suaalii / Koroisau. However I really wish we had a high energy edge like Villiame Kikau who leads the kick chase and defensive line, competes on every play and doesn't just watch players run through the line like we have seen Lane do on several occasions this year. 

• I would go to'o and reece walsh but seeing you have to keep it under 1.5 million. Iro/Alimotti and a quick fb there's 1 north Sydney looked alrìght in the highlights. Also need a quick hooker that's a threat out of dummy half. Most clubs have 3 or 4 hookers. Can't understand why we are a bit thin.  Probably get all 4 for 1.5 million. 

• I would of bought Armstrong and Schiller and you would still have 800 grand for a hooker and another backup outside back

• What if they didn't want to come.

These are the types we want to identify and develop not go to market for.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

fishbulb replied to Sterlo's Nose's discussion Dragons’ secret plot to poach teen prodigy
"Hoops' column should really be called 'Jimmy whacks off into a sock'."
14 minutes ago
fishbulb replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Magic Round 11 v Melbourne: In the Eye of the Storm
"Feel like this game will be very brown.
 "
16 minutes ago
Xman replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Moses unlikely for next week+ Origin.
"Last week at the post match ba was saying mitch was close and if not this week definitely next. Strange that he is now saying he has barely started running and only in a straight line..For eels but also for Nsw I dont think he should be picked…"
2 hours ago
Xman replied to Sterlo's Nose's discussion Dragons’ secret plot to poach teen prodigy
"There actually is a lot to this even though it sounds like fluff and that it has come from Moses himself. From what I have heard Moses the manager is really causing some troubles which will probably result in ba getting pushed out. Now regardless of…"
2 hours ago
More…