If you could sign 2 players ..

Since there is no team list this week. I pose a hypothetical question.

If you could sign any 2 players for next year, for a budget of $1.5 million , what would your line up be? Assume they would be commanding top dollar.

1. Gutho
  2. Simmo
  3. Penisni
  4. Lomax
  5. To'o (700k)
  6. Brown
  7. Moses
  8. RCG
  9. Kenny (800k)
  10. Joe O
  11. Carty
  12. Lane/Tualagi
  13. Hopgood
  14. MA
  15. Paulo
  16. Moretti
  17. Matto

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• What's the point in talking about a hooker when young M A will take that spot in no time 

• Craig Bellamy 2 million

• Fuck the budget.....

Payne Hass

Reece Walsh

• Cleary and Hass

• II was thinking along similar lines Frank. 

Walsh

James Fisher-Harris. 

OR

Harry Grant

Reece Walsh. 

• Villiame Kikau  always wanted him 

doesn't leave much $ left

Xavier Savage

• You are overpaying your two selections EA.

I would go Hazelton from sharks at $400-$500k and Nanai from the cowboys at $700k. That leaves around $300-$400k wriggle room.

• Yea I realised after oops 

• Two good players though but I reckon you could get them for less. 

I went with hazelton because he is a different type of font rower to our others and I believe he is very gettable next year with AFB going to the sharks. 

Nanai is probably going to cost more than $700k but I have cash left over to cover that, if not him I would go for Hudson Young. We need to improve our edge forwards. 

It's still going to leave us vulnerable in the outside backs but we should be able to pick up a decent outside back to go with lomax for a reasonable price.

Fullback is going to be a real issue for us if gutho can't physically get back to near what he was.

• Yea not speaking hypothetically anymore, but our forward pack needs a clean out. As you said, our backrowers are not the best right now.

• We have Tualagi and Doorey for now who have shown glimpses of first grade material. Tualagi is ICE vibes where he has that tackle breaking and hard running ability. Than you have Doorey who runs great lines. However, neither have shown they are premiership quality. Both need massive work on their defence.
          • We have Carty who was doing great. However, he is not the line running backrower than would give a you quick play the ball for Moses who is the best short side player in the comp. So I would move Carty on the left next to Dylan and find Moses a player like Papa, Niukore, Nikora, etc. 
          • Lane is a shadow himself. I honestly struggle to see him finding that form of 2022. His lateral movement is shit and he can zone out defensively. As you said in another comment, he could shift into the middle. However, the problem comes that we cannot be spending so much money on Matto, Lane, Joe O, RCG and Paulo to play prop. Not sure how much we are paying of Joe O contract.
This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Coryn Hughes replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Magic Round 11 v Melbourne: In the Eye of the Storm
"So you've got nothing to add then and what's looked better over the years.I suggest you take your own head out of your own arse get off the end of uncle nicks knob and come up with a different tune because the one your playing is having f all…"
34 minutes ago
fishbulb replied to Sterlo's Nose's discussion Dragons’ secret plot to poach teen prodigy
"Hoops' column should really be called 'Jimmy whacks off into a sock'."
3 hours ago
fishbulb replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Magic Round 11 v Melbourne: In the Eye of the Storm
"Feel like this game will be very brown.
 "
3 hours ago
Xman replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Moses unlikely for next week+ Origin.
"Last week at the post match ba was saying mitch was close and if not this week definitely next. Strange that he is now saying he has barely started running and only in a straight line..For eels but also for Nsw I dont think he should be picked…"
5 hours ago
More…