If you could sign 2 players ..

Since there is no team list this week. I pose a hypothetical question.

If you could sign any 2 players for next year, for a budget of $1.5 million , what would your line up be? Assume they would be commanding top dollar.

1. Gutho
  2. Simmo
  3. Penisni
  4. Lomax
  5. To'o (700k)
  6. Brown
  7. Moses
  8. RCG
  9. Kenny (800k)
  10. Joe O
  11. Carty
  12. Lane/Tualagi
  13. Hopgood
  14. MA
  15. Paulo
  16. Moretti
  17. Matto

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Too' is a good one, but prob go after Grant at the 9 or sharks Brailey 

• Grant would cost $1M on the open market. I believe Kenny is better thn Brailey for what we need. 

• Fair call, Kenny is a rock defensively 

• Not sure Kenny would warrant 800k, that is rep money for a Hooker. He would only garner 500-600k max.

• 3 time premiership winning hooker. Maybe 700k on the open market. Regardless, his line speed in defence is that something eels desperately need. He smashes blokes too.

• He only played big minutes as main Hooker in one of those GF's. I do not think he would demand that high. Had he not won a GF he would be a $350-400k at best, with GF's goes up to around $500k.

Regardless as you say he would be a fine pick up for us.

• 5. Suaalii (650k) - put him outside Penisini.

9. Grant (800k) - Enough said really, one of the best and great go forward.

• Suaalli on the wing is a great option. But as I said above, Grant commands 1M on the open market.

• Easy fixed, offload Lussick and theres the extra money.

Only that he is untested I would actually sign Blake Mozer. He has the most potential of any Hooker I've seen in a long time. And with Walters re-signing the other day for two years his pathway is blocked.

• Wonder if they could leverage Penisini to get Sualli over? Would make our right edge one of the best in the comp I reckon. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Xman replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Moses unlikely for next week+ Origin.
"Last week at the post match ba was saying mitch was close and if not this week definitely next. Strange that he is now saying he has barely started running and only in a straight line..For eels but also for Nsw I dont think he should be picked…"
57 minutes ago
Xman replied to Sterlo's Nose's discussion Dragons’ secret plot to poach teen prodigy
"There actually is a lot to this even though it sounds like fluff and that it has come from Moses himself. From what I have heard Moses the manager is really causing some troubles which will probably result in ba getting pushed out. Now regardless of…"
1 hour ago
Hell On Eels replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Magic Round 11 v Melbourne: In the Eye of the Storm
"NOS, great posts and image as usual, buddy.
My suspicion is the board sees BA & MON as solid "blue chip" investments (refer 2019-22) and they're riding the current temporary bearish volatility (injures, low confidence) waiting for a bounceback…"
1 hour ago
Hell On Eels replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Magic Round 11 v Melbourne: In the Eye of the Storm
"Exactly, Frankie. That sums it up the reality of the situation in a nutshell. Unfortunately, Bennett looks unlikely bar a miracle."
1 hour ago
More…