How heavy will Newscorp go on the Broncos story?

We can all remember how relentlsss Newscorp media (DT and Fox) were on Parra when we breached the cap and the board was a mess etc.

To me this scandal is a worse enditement on a club, but I'll be very interested to see how Fox and the DT deal with one of their own  

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Chances are Brett we will never know the truth. Absolutely horrendous rumours but where there is smoke and all that. No doubt whatever is going on a lot has been totally embellished.

All said and done we should never trust social media or what is reported in the news. Lets ask ourselves who owns the Broncos and Fox?...oh yes News Ltd. Does News Ltd want this blemish on the books ultimately impacting the share price and future investment? And what about the trolls, what is their agenda? 

Sadly many innocent people are impacted regardless of where the truth lies.

• The flip side Archie is that if the Broncos really want to get rid of him, then in News Ltd they have the perfect platform to destabilize him.

The Broncos share price doesn't move much anyway because News owns 67% of the issued shares and so the stock is extremely illiquid. The Broncos are a cash cow, but in the News Ltd corporate universe they are small fry. I very much doubt that Rupert or Lachlan give the Broncos even the slightest thought.

• Wouldn't be surprised that someone aligned to the Broncos management started this rumour to F him off without pay......

• I was referring to Newscorp garbage heaped on Dan Andrews. 

• Uncle Rupert and his miminons take every chance to disparage any one not willing to bend the knee to their brand of the free market.

• Im surprised the broncs handling has been so poor this year, sounds like a few of them have been putting in some extra ballwork.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Frank The Tank replied to LB's discussion Brad to Bennett: Why Friday's clash might be the tipping point for Arthur and the Eels.
"No chance....
This club has shown me they have zero appetite for change.
Expect more of the same into 2025 unfortunately."
25 seconds ago
EA replied to Adrian Bowles's discussion Brad Arthur press conference
"Am I the only person worried that BA will not be sacked? Every time I am hopeful it never happens. So until I see it I am just assuming BA is staying at the club :("
3 minutes ago
The Badger replied to Adrian Bowles's discussion Brad Arthur press conference
"Punishment is not the only consequence for consideration but may be an option where quantifiably justified against set performance levels.
Perhaps the writing should be clearly visible on the proverbial wall. 
To paraphrase the Soup Nazi on Seinfeld…"
4 minutes ago
LB replied to Adrian Bowles's discussion Brad Arthur press conference
"If anyone wants to indulge themselves to some gibberish listen to TCT podcast, they tried to blame certain factors but the main reason we lost? Darwin. Thats it. Plus saying don't be reactionary to blaming Arthur or O'Neill or the players as the…"
5 minutes ago
More…