Hooker

Next year Reed will be coming back from shoulder surgery after injuring it twice this year I think it would be unfair to expect 80 min efforts from him.

Currently we only have Nate Roche on the books who has had a injury plagued career.

Hopefully we find a suite back up I'm personally not a fan of having a 2 hookers in the 17 I'd rather a genuine utility.

One idea with merit that would suite us is starting Stone at 9 for the opening 20 then bringing Reed on for a middle forward and moving Stone into the middle similar to what Storm do. We won't loose anything in defense with Stone at 9 in fact we'd gain a bit then when Reed comes on we gain alot in attack.

I know Stones last game was highlighted by some mistakes but in fairness he had played more minimum there then originally planned due to waqa going for a HIA and I think fatigue played a part

Anyway just something think over as we go into another trophyless off season 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yeah, he'd be ok too, but with constant speculation around Josh Hodgson I doubt Sticky will let him go. 

• Yes he's my preference 

• Mitch Rein makes sense, and is clubless right now.

• Mitch Rein would be a great pickup.

Reed will bust his arse, we know that... but... he's not a big dude, injury history and operates as a tackling machine in constant collision with much larger guys... that spells difficulties for long term - be that just over the course of a season or over years. Reed will break if he keeps trying to play 80.

I think we have to go back to the Brad Drew / PJ Marsh days... was the best combo we had and worked a treat... need to run 2 9's and use them both each game with in theory half a half each subject to how the game is playing out. Bench of 2 middles, an edge and a genuine 9.

• I'd still want Reed playing the bulk of the minutes, but if we can give him 20-25 minutes rest each game OR say, every 4th or 5th game off, that'd work. 

• He is also getting chased by the new expansion team

• Apparently we are chasing Mitch rein which is good depth signing 

• Definitely need a good quality back up hooker. Stone is out of the question in my opinion and there's only really currently Will Smith. Not sure if there are any quality juniors coming through and not sure if recruitment is looking around.

• Club has reportedly meet with mitch rein 

• Trent what have you heard On Marata? I'm hearing he's good as gone unfortunately.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Mannah-Brow replied to EA's discussion Name and Shame the players
"Name and shame the players? You must mean the team list it comes out Tuesday that will have them all."
12 minutes ago
Steel be with you replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion BA please resign
"I was one of the people on here that wanted Flanagan and a few of them said "We don't want a drug cheat at Parramatta". St. George have been up and down with some of their performances but Flanagan is getting a pretty weak squad to  be competitive.…"
15 minutes ago
Adam Magrath replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins
"That's what a strong club committed to success would do (I said 3 years ago the moment the decision is made that we will not win a premiership under Arthur he needs to be moved on - irrespective of who is available). Still waiting."
28 minutes ago
Mannah-Brow replied to EelsAgeMe's discussion Most embarrassing game in our history?
"Smartest  and best balanced comment I have read on here in a long time."
42 minutes ago
More…