Game day blog - Eels vs Sea Eagles

Here we go again, Manly vs Parra...Gutho's 150th.

The Eels finally get to play at home again tonight after a month playing away and what better occassion to return than a Friday night match up against our old rivals, Manly.

Both teams are coming off losses from last week, but Manly got their pants pulled so far down, Ian Roberts, with John Hopoate in tow, were seen post game sniffing around the sheds.

Does the Turbo play? If he does, let's hope he's playing like a turbo charged 1995 Hyundai Excel. 
We get Marata back and it couldn't be better timing bringing his strong hit ups and utility value. Watch for DCE and Foran to bomb the hell out of Simmonson and Perham. With Sivo and Russel waiting in the wings for a return, they'll need to be flawless.

Our defence through the middle has been frail and will need to be strong tonight otherwise we'll be chasing the score again like last week.

BA has identified our poor starts and hopefully this is addressed tonight otherwise things could get ugly.

Its a big occasion being back home and a prime time, free to air Friday night game and I expect a big performance by the boys and win it for our favourite Manly defector...King Gutho.

So, who wins and by what margin?

MOM?

GO YOU EELS!!!

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Gutho first try a hatty eels 13 plus

• I think we will win. I think the forwards will be Peggy to last weeks Sybil ( Thanks Daz). I think RCG or Paulo will be MOM. I think BA will actually use 17 players and all will get more than 6.5 mins that Cartwright averages. I think I will wear my parra jumper in Avalon Beach tomorrow when I go to vote ( only if we win). 

• Avalon.

What a great place,
      love it.

• Yeah we love it, hate the football team but.

• Got an investment house in Lewis street. Had it for over twenty years. We stay there sometimes between tenants and may retire there, well six months there and six where I live on the NC.

• Eels by a dozen... Mitch MOM following another running game.

• Eels by 14. DB MOM.

• 20-18 Manly

• Leaning towards a win for us this time.

Manly should bounce back. We should bounce back. But we should have a little more bounce. 

Manly will come back with a vengeance. Play uptempo, intense footy & expose our edges. They know we often crumble under pressure.

DCE's attacking boot will be on steroids. Olakau'atu (& Schuster off the bench) are also dangers. Turbo should play better than last week and is an obvious threat.

Danger game but as long as we're on, we'll win.

• Eels 40 - 16.  MoM - Matto.

Big congrats to Gutho, huge achievement from 2 ACL's.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Mitchy replied to Hell On Eels's discussion R8 v Manly: The Rise and Fall of the Eels
"I see your point Frank. I think a win or loss won't change what the board do and you're right a clean out is needed like the old knee cartilage.
Someone like Bennett needs autonomy here of the club goes that way. Tbh I don't the club wild go that…"
1 minute ago
Poppa replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"Don't disagree entirely Graham but I believe if we had a fully fit side plus say JAC we would have a roster to challenge most. 
I would go as far as saying that JAC and Lomac next year (JAC is fantasy) would give us a side capable of winning most,…"
17 minutes ago
Magpie replied to LB's discussion BA's Round 8 presser
"The way Manly move the ball from touchline to touchline and the way our edges defend I'm almost fearful to watch."
22 minutes ago
Coryn Hughes replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"This is it LB if your in the camp of wanting the coach gone keep hoping we take a pounding as that's the quickest out.The guys above BAs pay grade need to see it for themselves and since there numbers men getting pounded like we could do should…"
29 minutes ago
More…