Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins

I'm in Cairns and it's very hot and humid here, so I can imagine what Darwin is like and how the boys are feeling!

Tonight we see the Eels take on Benny's boys in our annual home game in the Territory. Recent years have been unsuccessful for the Eels copping a couple of touch ups and hopefully this year is different. The Dolphins have their best 3 players out and even with Moses out, there are no excuses for BA and the team.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Talagi is used from the bench if he is used at all! I am one who agrees with his selection, he's just got to be in the team somewhere.

So, who wins and by what margin?

MOM?

GO YOU EELS!!!

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Gee I thought we were ordinary against the Raiders, didn't think we could put on a worse performance. WRONG. 

I think it's time BA acknowledged he is out of his depth. This side is not playing for the coach. Brad ya cooked mate and should be told 2024 season and your gone.

Just so disappointing watching the Eels tonight. They just rolled over and let it happen.

• He shouldn't be given until the end of the season. 

He needs to be sacked now.

Let Barrett finish the season as head coach.

He couldn't do any worse than this fraud.

• 10000 % This is exactly what should happen. It will also show the team that there are consequences. 

• 100% agree, he needs to go now. Who cares if Barrett is interim, if you have an interim season is over anyway, just get Bennett now before Souths do.

Well honestly i do not think Bennett signs with Souths til he knows what is happening with Arthur since Bennett has reportedly eyed Parramatta.

• That's what a strong club committed to success would do (I said 3 years ago the moment the decision is made that we will not win a premiership under Arthur he needs to be moved on - irrespective of who is available). Still waiting.

• Away game , high heat, high humidity, " Chase the collision" horses for courses, and I dont coach 1st Grade. Is First grade the top grade, like the best grade? is this acceptable really????

• There was no collision chasing in the second half. Shirt grabbing and lazy marker defence

• Watching Parra play is like feeling the pain of chronic arthritis and living with a constant acute mental illness 🙃

•  THANK FUCK ITS OVER

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Senior Players / BA
"We should of been improving over the last few seasons but we have gone backwards. Having no back half, or plan b going into the season is just plan stupidity. Same with no first grade hooker. 
Forwards look lethargic, slow, under done and not…"
29 minutes ago
Hell On Eels replied to Rabz S's discussion South Sydney to offer Wayne Bennett three-year deal as Eels pass on supercoach
"Frankie, Yep, fair points.
Yet, hasn't Sue Coleman been with us for some time? And her profile says she held a position on our PNRL footy board before.
Sue was at the 66th AGM (Jack's Bar and Grill) on 27 Feb 2024 in her capacity as a director of…"
1 hour ago
Snakey - Sack Dylan Brown replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Senior Players / BA
"Exactly right Brad, we're in the comfort zone, we have been for a long time under BA and this board.
Theres plenty of people at the club feathering their own nests and pissing in each others pockets.
Theres obviously a huge lack of accountability…"
2 hours ago
KENDOZA replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Senior Players / BA
"Gutho is so far up Arthur's arse if he spits its coming out of Arthur's mouth"
2 hours ago
More…