Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins

I'm in Cairns and it's very hot and humid here, so I can imagine what Darwin is like and how the boys are feeling!

Tonight we see the Eels take on Benny's boys in our annual home game in the Territory. Recent years have been unsuccessful for the Eels copping a couple of touch ups and hopefully this year is different. The Dolphins have their best 3 players out and even with Moses out, there are no excuses for BA and the team.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Talagi is used from the bench if he is used at all! I am one who agrees with his selection, he's just got to be in the team somewhere.

So, who wins and by what margin?

MOM?

GO YOU EELS!!!

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• cant wait to hear how BA defends that game. I think I want to vomit, that effort and abilty was so disgusting.

• Presser is going to be a belter...

• I can't believe we let in 8 tries in a half.

Thats basically a try scored at a rate of every 2nd possession.

Thats the opposite of effort, that usually means a fractured dressing room .

Its a msssive concern, words mean nothing in these situations decisive actions are required from the Eels organisation, if a coach is unable to set the standards the board and club management have to step in.

• I saw a stat 20sets vs 5 for Parra . How the fuck is that possible ?

• BA blaming the players, holding them accountable and saying they need to get us out of this. No accountability from himself at all, he is feeling the pressure. He knows his voice is gone.

• Yeah its the players who decide to turn up, dont you know?

I wonder how many of them would 'turn up' if they saw a 21 yr old taking their spot while they are dropped to res grade

• A bunch of useless shites. No excuses against a depleted and Bennett-less Dophins side.

Doing me a financial favor to cancel my watchnrl pass saving me $280 expiring in July.

BA out. It's time.

• After supporting this crappy club for over 40 years it truly is a one team club.The teams that one the only fourpremierships were pretty much the same players and it took over 30 years to win their first comp. Now it is even longer since they last one a premiership.This club is obviously not interested in winning premierships. It is a total embarressment, year in and year out the board and coaching staff tolerate substandard performances.they sign players who are average at best, Morgan and Simonesen, to name just a couple. The club rarely brings through quality juniors of first grade standard. This club will be lucky to win a premiership in another 3 decades unless things change, but when it comes to Parra,it is the same old story year after year and decade after decade, a complete shit show. 

• Fark... he's just thrown the players under the bus big time. This prick has absolutely no idea... he's trying to save his own job. If they are not turning up, if they keep getting picked based on efforts like this, if they are giving up... thats on you arsehole... motivate them, drive them, hold them to account, get them to play for you... no... you can't do any of those things.

Arthur is responsible for the slack, shithouse, lazy, ego driven zero accountability culture in the playing group... and now that it's biting him in the arse, he's shifting blame. This is what comes from being mates, not a coach.

Ball in your court now Board... fire the bullet.

• Sticky did exactly the same 3 weeks ago, hammered his  side. BA couldn't say much else, it was obvious what the issue was.

The coach have jobs on the line and when they watch a performance like that, his language may even be a bit restrained.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Senior Players / BA
"We should of been improving over the last few seasons but we have gone backwards. Having no back half, or plan b going into the season is just plan stupidity. Same with no first grade hooker. 
Forwards look lethargic, slow, under done and not…"
1 hour ago
Hell On Eels replied to Rabz S's discussion South Sydney to offer Wayne Bennett three-year deal as Eels pass on supercoach
"Frankie, Yep, some fair points.
On Sue Coleman, hasn't she been with us for some time? And her profile says she held a position on our PNRL footy board before.
She was at the 66th AGM (Jack's Bar and Grill) on 27 Feb 2024 in her capacity as a…"
1 hour ago
Snakey - Sack Dylan Brown replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Senior Players / BA
"Exactly right Brad, we're in the comfort zone, we have been for a long time under BA and this board.
Theres plenty of people at the club feathering their own nests and pissing in each others pockets.
Theres obviously a huge lack of accountability…"
2 hours ago
KENDOZA replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Senior Players / BA
"Gutho is so far up Arthur's arse if he spits its coming out of Arthur's mouth"
2 hours ago
More…