Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins

I'm in Cairns and it's very hot and humid here, so I can imagine what Darwin is like and how the boys are feeling!

Tonight we see the Eels take on Benny's boys in our annual home game in the Territory. Recent years have been unsuccessful for the Eels copping a couple of touch ups and hopefully this year is different. The Dolphins have their best 3 players out and even with Moses out, there are no excuses for BA and the team.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Talagi is used from the bench if he is used at all! I am one who agrees with his selection, he's just got to be in the team somewhere.

So, who wins and by what margin?

MOM?

GO YOU EELS!!!

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Gutho should not have been around the ruck when Dolphins scored should be following the ball line at the back . 

• He had to be at the ruck because Aitken moved off the mark and took our markers out of the play, he should've been made to play it again

• The conditions r horrible. Never Darwin again 

• I know it's hot, but faaaaaarkin hell...there's not a serious team in the comp that given the opportunities and possession that Parra had, wouldn't have pretty much put this game to bed already. 

That six again where gutho decided to play like it was 30 seconds to go in a gf and then serial retard Russel decided not to reach out, like every single other winger in the comp has for about five years now, but instead score with the ball on his chest with his foot on the line..sums up our attack perfectly. 

• This game is shit for both sides. I'm so sick of this game deliberately played in 30°c heat against a QLD side with more local support. It's ridiculous. 
    Russell's horrendous finish is enough to send him back to Reggie's. This is your full time job ffs. Learn how to finish like an NRL winger. 
    Cartwright's brain snaps cost the Eels badly. Stupid loose carries and head highs. Get it right. 
    Gutho needs to take control like last week. Go to the edges and put big guys against their little men.  Also take over goal kicking. 
    Everyone else, hold the freaking ball!!'

• We've had more ball yet look more tired. Alexander is right, if Dolphins get more ball they have points in them, which is pathetic considering the amount of players they have and the halves they have are not great at all. We still have Brown and Gutho with our world class pack.

• LB welcome to the Bush coach era.

• Seriously no matter the result from here it's obvious this coaches time is up. Move on eels for the sake of the fan base, BA is not going to get it done.

• Trent Barrett step on up!!!!

Cause that's what will happen with the idiots at this club.

• One converted try and we can have them shot.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Buzzaro replied to Rabz S's discussion South Sydney to offer Wayne Bennett three-year deal as Eels pass on supercoach
"So pretty much signed then. Parra isn't going to say "oh yeah we're keen to get Bennet on board." If you give them 1% credit they'll play a smart game behind the scenes and not play it out in the media. Just like ol Wayne would want. I just don't…"
5 minutes ago
big 2nd rower replied to Rabz S's discussion South Sydney to offer Wayne Bennett three-year deal as Eels pass on supercoach
"Suspensions and injuries were our excuse last year... He can't use it again this year. He absolutely has to go "
7 minutes ago
The Badger replied to Rabz S's discussion South Sydney to offer Wayne Bennett three-year deal as Eels pass on supercoach
"That'll do me ...maybe the two new NRL board members needed a report submitted in triplicate before deciding anything.
https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2024/05/02/board-update-may-2024/"
8 minutes ago
fishbulb replied to Rabz S's discussion South Sydney to offer Wayne Bennett three-year deal as Eels pass on supercoach
"Oh ffs"
9 minutes ago
More…