Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins

I'm in Cairns and it's very hot and humid here, so I can imagine what Darwin is like and how the boys are feeling!

Tonight we see the Eels take on Benny's boys in our annual home game in the Territory. Recent years have been unsuccessful for the Eels copping a couple of touch ups and hopefully this year is different. The Dolphins have their best 3 players out and even with Moses out, there are no excuses for BA and the team.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Talagi is used from the bench if he is used at all! I am one who agrees with his selection, he's just got to be in the team somewhere.

So, who wins and by what margin?

MOM?

GO YOU EELS!!!

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Is their defence that good or is our attack that bad? We've had so much ball in good posi it's mind boggling 

• Defence ain't too bad but we are hanging on for dear life which i have no idea how considering the possession we've had. We get tired from attack, just impossible.

• Humidity guess we just don't do it...at least play a bloody Sydney team up there 

still it's humid for them too and think their defence has held out so much better than I feel we will never be able to do ... if and when they get a consistent run of possession 

• We've got to stop running AT! The line looking to offload, run through the fucking line.

We fall into this habit of running at the line looking to create before gaining momentum and our sets become rubbish .

Body's in motion hit the defensive line at speed ,fight your way to your feet and give your spine  something to work with.

• Yep Matto and Carty run with their back to the line because they just think of offloading

• Only a Brad Arthur coached team would be struggling against a decimated team with no coach and tone of tackles inside the opposition 20 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 

If that  dolphins player who went for a head assessment gets ruled out you know the game is rigged .

• We once again are needing Mitch but what can we do about it?

• Dylan needs to run more with players in support. 

• I know the conditions don't suit our team (yet we keep heading up there), but none of our boys stay alive on a play, particularly when the play breaks down and the opponent play unstructured. And can someone please tell me what Matterson brings to the team. Trundles up to the line in attack and has about as much intent in defence as a 90 year old nun. 

• Yeah Matterson hasn't done anything of note for ages.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Muttman replied to Rabz S's discussion South Sydney to offer Wayne Bennett three-year deal as Eels pass on supercoach
"If this is true I'm lost for words. I'll wait to have this confirmed. If it is true I'll make it my life's work to have every single Board member removed. The members own the club and without any doubt whatsoever the members can all see that after…"
1 minute ago
Putty replied to Rabz S's discussion South Sydney to offer Wayne Bennett three-year deal as Eels pass on supercoach
"This was the boards Jack Gibson moment.... imagine if the parra board of 1980 decided not to peruse the legendary coach.... would we be still looking for our first GF win ??  The current board has the opportunity to sign the new Jack Gibson…"
2 minutes ago
Seth hardy replied to Rabz S's discussion South Sydney to offer Wayne Bennett three-year deal as Eels pass on supercoach
"Don't  worry, Arthur is the man to dig us out of this hole. Just try and imagine the massive brainpower of the dill that made this comment. We're  fucked.  "
3 minutes ago
HKF commented on CarloEEL2’s status
"Problem these board members think they are smarter than everyone else, they think a couple of wins will fix everything."
6 minutes ago
More…