Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins

I'm in Cairns and it's very hot and humid here, so I can imagine what Darwin is like and how the boys are feeling!

Tonight we see the Eels take on Benny's boys in our annual home game in the Territory. Recent years have been unsuccessful for the Eels copping a couple of touch ups and hopefully this year is different. The Dolphins have their best 3 players out and even with Moses out, there are no excuses for BA and the team.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Talagi is used from the bench if he is used at all! I am one who agrees with his selection, he's just got to be in the team somewhere.

So, who wins and by what margin?

MOM?

GO YOU EELS!!!

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• If we can't win this put them in the bin 

• Has to be an Eels win this one surely... half the Phins are injured! Eels by 20.

• We have the better team. They have the better coach. 

Don't forget what Bennett did with an absolutely garbage Origin squad a few years back.

If both teams play to their potential and we're not massively out-coached, Eels by 16.

• There's been plenty of talk about Talagi on the bench and how we need 4 forwards. But we've run with 4 forwards there before and it hasn't worked.

In the heat it's more important to control the ball and field position. Which, funnily enough, we've been good at this year. But we haven't had the points in us to do damage.

I think having a guy like Talagi who can come in and cause problems for defenders.

• eels  28 over the  fins 8.  ... m o m  Dylan brown... 12429272864?profile=RESIZE_930x

• Win comfortably. 

• Conditions make this game more even than we think. Control the ball; decent tackle efficiency and get to the kick and be patient. That's the key. 
    The Fins have a balanced halves pairing too. Don't underestimate them. We should win by less than 8

• If the good eels turn up (the right attitude) they should win reasonably comfortably. 

Eels 28 fins 18

Mom gutho.

• Could Dolphins win? 100% they can. Should they win? Absolutley not. With up to 5-6 players out who would be in their starting 13, no excuse when we are full-strength minus Moses.

Eels by 16, MOM Gutherson.

• Trai Fuller is the dangerman, once the forwards fatigue,  he'll run riot. He needs to be watched very closely.  Very small but lightning quick off the mark. 

Have always liked Averrilo also. If he gets on the outside we won't catch him.

The Dolphins still post a very good side.  I think this is going to come down to the 80th. If were not at least equal to last weeks commitment, they'll beat us easily..

It's either going to go to the 80th or they'll win by 14+ Darwin is the worst place to take a professional sporting team.  It's dumbass. For 500k profit it's not worth sht 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Old School Eel replied to EA's discussion If you could sign 2 players ..
"This! Or any of  Lane, Matterson, Cartright, to Dragons or Souths for either Lomax and/or Cook now."
8 minutes ago
Longfin Eel replied to Nightmare Off-Season's discussion What Jason Demetriou’s axing as South Sydney coach means for struggling powerhouse Parramatta Eels
"It sounds like the writer has hit the nail on the head here stating that most of our problems stem from an ageing lineup. Yes we do have some very good juniors coming through in some positions, but we need this to escalate and to cover all…"
8 minutes ago
Muttman replied to Nightmare Off-Season's discussion What Jason Demetriou’s axing as South Sydney coach means for struggling powerhouse Parramatta Eels
"I'm glad that this conversation is now being had in the open via the media. The club's management should feel the pressure to act. It's sad that it takes a media campaign to get them to take action, they should be in front of these decisions not…"
19 minutes ago
Nightmare Off-Season’s discussion was featured
From the Daily TelegraphThe axing of South Sydney coach Jason Demetriou turns the blowtorch onto another struggling mentor in Parramatta’s Brad Arthur, adding a layer of intrigue to the Rabbitohs’ pursuit of Wayne Bennett.Demetriou and Eels coach…
23 minutes ago
More…