Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins

I'm in Cairns and it's very hot and humid here, so I can imagine what Darwin is like and how the boys are feeling!

Tonight we see the Eels take on Benny's boys in our annual home game in the Territory. Recent years have been unsuccessful for the Eels copping a couple of touch ups and hopefully this year is different. The Dolphins have their best 3 players out and even with Moses out, there are no excuses for BA and the team.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Talagi is used from the bench if he is used at all! I am one who agrees with his selection, he's just got to be in the team somewhere.

So, who wins and by what margin?

MOM?

GO YOU EELS!!!

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Listening to Sarantinos last week it sounds as if we won't be continuing the NT venture for much longer.

• Can only hope so.

It's been a good cash grab but that's it.

Our opposition always seem to have more supporters there than we do.

• Yep it's done it's dash 

it's now more of a hindrance than a help ( humidity / travel / qld fans)

• Here's a tip for those who can't make the game when Parra are favourites to win...

Have a bet roughly what you would pay to go to the game and get a few beers and soft drinks for the kids ($50-$100). Back the opposition at the plus (in this case Dolphins +8.5) with this money. Parra win in a close one bet wins/Parra wins. Parra Win 9+ happy days a big win for the good guys and you are only out what you would have paid to go watch them win well live. Parra lose at least your bet gets up. A small cope I've been using when we start favourites. 

• Yeah good advice!

I'm going with that...

• we should win this easy, if not we aren't a top 8 side though we do seem to strugle against teams we should beat easy.

Eels by 14

MOM RCG

• 32-10 parra

MOM HOPGOOD.

• Just left there on Monday. Beautiful weather!!

Darwin is about 35% more humid usually.

Parra by 14 

MoM - Hopgood

• I just googled temp, taken about an hour ago 32 deg and humidity 52%

sounds a bit uncomfy for footy 

• Discipline, discipline, discipline

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Muttman replied to Nightmare Off-Season's discussion What Jason Demetriou’s axing as South Sydney coach means for struggling powerhouse Parramatta Eels
"I'm glad that this conversation is now being had in the open via the media. The club's management should feel the pressure to act. It's sad that it takes a media campaign to get them to take action, they should be in front of these decisions not…"
10 minutes ago
Nightmare Off-Season’s discussion was featured
From the Daily TelegraphThe axing of South Sydney coach Jason Demetriou turns the blowtorch onto another struggling mentor in Parramatta’s Brad Arthur, adding a layer of intrigue to the Rabbitohs’ pursuit of Wayne Bennett.Demetriou and Eels coach…
14 minutes ago
Parra Dice replied to Nightmare Off-Season's discussion What Jason Demetriou’s axing as South Sydney coach means for struggling powerhouse Parramatta Eels
"I have always been an advocate for Brad and believe that he deserves a lot more respect than what he gets from this site. Right or wrong, he has always given his best for the club however I have to agree that his best is no longer enough and it's…"
54 minutes ago
Coryn Hughes replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Wayne to Souths.
"This is the issue here we start at the top and don't worry to much about the base.If we build the base the more we get out the top."
55 minutes ago
More…