Free to play: David Fifita avoids sanction for Bali bust-up after ‘inconclusive’ evidence
Brisbane star David Fifita will be free to play Round 1 after avoiding any sanction from the NRL following the incident in Bali that saw him jailed for three days last month.
The 19-year-old was locked up in November after an alleged incident involving a nightclub security guard.
The Broncos were by the forward’s side throughout the situation and helped broker a “peace agreement” with the alleged victim.
The NRL said evidence regarding the incident was “inconclusive” while the actions of the Broncos in assisting Fifita’s release from prison was appropriate.
“The NRL’s Integrity Unit says evidence relating to the incident outside a Bali nightclub was inconclusive,” an NRL statement said on Thursday.
“The NRL said it was satisfied that the actions of the Broncos club were appropriate in the circumstances.”