First trial; Who are we excited to watch?

Our 2023 campaign starts somewhat on Saturday with a trial against Penrith. Considering this is the first trial it is believed majority of the team will be reserve graders bar some. I think players that will play round 1 or have a chance that will play Saturday are; Russell, Dunster, Ogden, Makatoa and JA. Matterson i think could get a game aswell to get some match preparation for round 4.

I am excited to see Russell as i believe he will play Centre on Saturday to prepare for Round 1. Dunster also to see how he has recovered from his ACL, PCL and MCL tears.

I think this will be the team as follows

1. Rankin

2. Dunster

3. Cini

4. Russell

5. Loizou

6. Asi (if injured perhap Jack A Williams)

7. Arthur

8. Ogden

9. Rein

10. Makatoa

11. Momoisea

12. Mataele

13. Rodwell

Bench just randomly

Greig, Matterson, Brown, Lumelume, Hands, Yates, Taumoepenu, plus more but heading into NSW contract territory.

I am also excited to see how Mataele plays as he is a kid that could be the future at 12 above Doorey and Momoisea.

I think there is a chance though we could see Doorey and Momoisea start in the back-row with the sole purpose of them two battling it out for no. 12  jersey in round 1.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I find this interesting. (in a weird way)

If that's the case, why would he be paraded around at the season launch as part of the 2023 NRL squad? I mean, what's the point of that?

• It's a fair point. He is contracted to the club (part-time NSW Cup contract, similar to the old second tier) so maybe the invitation is there for him to come along if his day job doesn't need him.

• I doubt Makatoa and Matto are allowed to play in the first trial. Isnt their some rule about players allowed in the first trial game depending on how many NRL games they played in the previous year?

• Makaslower won't play as way too slow and Matto won't play either as he will be at home counting his money

• Matterson, Mahoney and Lane played last year in the first trial. I do not think it is a rule.

• This reply was deleted.
    • It is

• I think he is being fecitious Brett...Lol

• Keen as for Ogden and Wiremu

Mataele and Taumoepenu also

Hope Rankin is not FB, surely a young one to fill this spot?

• Russell i think would've played there, but since he is set to play Centre for Blake, he will be given game time to get set for Round 1.

• I'm keen to see Jake play at number 7. I reckon he will be the surprise player this year. He will probably be the reason Mitch leaves. Tipping Jake to have a Stella season in 2023. Can see him putting pressure on Moses, Brown and the new number 9. Can't wait, very excited

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Coryn Hughes replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Gutho knee issues
"Simonsson for me and just slot Sivo back on the wing."
4 minutes ago
KENDOZA replied to Frankie Fong's discussion A MESSAGE FROM THE FONG
"💯 Frankie,
I can't imagine what that poor bloke both of them are going through.Football at the end of the day doesn't matter those lazy pricks last night don't give two shits about the fans win or lose they still get paid.
But the poor fans fork out…"
5 minutes ago
Coryn Hughes replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Gutho knee issues
"Why would you care or pay any attention what opposition fans think about our players.What are you expecting them to say they have a love affair with them.
As for Gutho I think because everyone is comparing him to the athletic freaks that exist in…"
6 minutes ago
Prof. Daz replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Gutho knee issues
"As an academic, I feel I'm an expert in knowing when "it's all academic". And in the case of Gutho, it's all academic, he is clearly busted, evident in his grimacing and in the fact he is not running any sweep plays. Also a case of "it's all…"
9 minutes ago
More…