Field out tomorrow & RCG rested.

As the title says 2 changes for tomorrow nights game. Jai Field is out with Takairangi to play 5/8, RCG gets a rest, Daniel Alvaro starts in the front row. 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• On his day Takairangi is a match winning player. I actually like him at 6 because his defensive issues are all about lack of lateral pace and that's much less of an issue at 6 as against centre. If he's there to make the tackle he usually makes an effective tackle. He's possibly the most gifted ball player in our squad. 

• Maybe not the most gifted ball player in our squad lol. Andrew Johns has said a couple times before that he really likes Taka. I do agree his defensive game will improve being at 5-eight. However, Brooks is deceptively very fast, but judging by his form he shouldnt be much of a threat. 

• Yep, my thoughts too 

• BA has obviously seen some issues in Field's game where he thinks Taka can plug. This will be a trial for the finals, otherwise Taka would be just on the bench. RCG looked a little cooked last week and would be fresher for the rest. This is not BA playing games, it's what he needs to do.

• Totally understand resting RCG. Why would we take the early guilty plea of paulo? Should of fort it. If we lost, Paulo gets a rest as well. Our props need to be fresh for the finals

• Possibly a bit late to try but would love to see haze dunster get a chance in first grade. Any of our outside backs need a rest

• stop whinging. We'll beat the Tigers like we always do. Then ........ who knows

• with Will Smith on the bench I would expect he will get some at 5/8 as well. Can't see Taka lasting 80 minutes.

• Cant see him lasting  10 mins.

FFS watch his involvement. For a man his size.

• Very pleased with this. Field is getting smothered and Alvaro is playing well. Like it. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Ace Eel replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins
"Even Bennett took Parra on the tab...the Eels should stay & play in the local Darwin competition... they might be a chance there..."
58 seconds ago
Snottie Pimpin posted a discussion
If this club is fair dinkum and he's available he has to be coach.  You can't overlook a coach of his calibre if you have a chance to get him while your coach is Brad Arthur .  It would be doing the club, members , sponsors everyone a complete…
58 seconds ago
Hugo replied to ParraPride's discussion Sack BRAD ARTHUR NOW
"Deluded coach will say that he was happy with the effort but they got a roll on and we couldn't go with them. He will say he's the man for the job. 
Can someone at the club please please stand up and show him the door. We have never been this bad. "
1 minute ago
Green Eel replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins
"Never been more embarassed by a performance by Parra"
1 minute ago
More…