Ethan Sanders / BA

Lost in the million reasons why we should get rid of BA  Sanders leaving the club at the first chance is near top of the list. 
Hes not going somewhere where he'll slot straight into an NRL halves gig .. he's going to be backup for the short term like he is here .

Having a quality young 7 developed in your system is a god send . Eventually if you're good in that area you will lose them , but for those early years of their development they provide you with good backup and in the salary cap era that's your reward for their junior development. Add to that it gives you cover for a couple of years in the ever changing rugby league landscape. Say touch wood someone cops an injury and circumstances chance .. for a couple of years developing the next NRL 7 gives you cover. 
I honestly can't imagine a world where a figure like Wayne Bennett , Gus Gould , Bellamy , Trent Rob etc etc tells a young half we need you the next couple of years and they leave . There's stories about how Penrith had Jarome Luai coming through but signed Maloney to pair with Cleary and Gus sat him down and said sit it out and develop here .. he did and they both got the rewards. Melbourne is currently doing it with Pezet . Clearly , BA and those at the club don't have the same pull . The most promising 7 coming through the grades would rather develop under Ricky Stuart and to me that's another damning reason to get rid of him. He has no clout in the game , his voice means F all . It's at the point where his development history and 3 finals wins or whatever it is in 11 years is a pathetic resume and it doesn't come close to stacking up against the heavy weight coaches.  If Bennett was here I bet he stays . BA has got to go . 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 2026 or less he will be the number 7 of the raiders.

• Cup are dead last Sanders hasn't set the world on fire It's strange he's in the squad if your not going to use him when there is a opening in his position.

We also have our best young outside back in Martin playing Ron Massy cup so really who knows what's happening with this shitshow.

Sanders is going season is a write off maybe it's better long term to have Dylan play 7 who knows??

• With the raiders number 7 now out for potentially weeks, maybe they there hunt for sanders early, if we think he isn't ready, do we trade him back someone of value to us, a back maybe. 

• Parra in comparison to other clubs seem to give the 'watch out for this kid' tag way to easily. When Bennett, Bellamy, Robinson or Cleary give an up an comer the 'something special' tag, when they get their chance, they generally actually are something special or at least give the fans and coach enough, that they know they will be in the coming seasons. 

Ours for a long time have had one or two stand out attributes, but always a glaring flaw that has us all saying they aren't ready or that they need to bulk up, or that they need to do a season of Cup. 

I personally haven't seen much of Sanders at all , so I can't judge the guy too much, but my feeling is that if he's not good enough to get a start even when our club is in desperate need of a halfback, then I'm not too fussed about him going. Sounds like he'll be another sometimes crafty, sometimes brilliant but mostly average plodder who plays for four or five clubs over his career. 

• So from 2025 we now have ZERO back up half backs? Well done Parra, well done.

• His an 18 year old behind 2 players who at there best are top 3 in there respective positions and are both signed up long term. I'd rather my chances getting a regular first grade crack with an aging forgarty 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Frank The Tank replied to Nitram's discussion Canberra won, what now?
"It's actually disgusting.
Who the hell do these clowns support? The Eels or an individual coach who honestly is only in it for him and his family, because from where I sit I see supporters who WOULD DIE for this coach.
Never seen such devotion."
4 minutes ago
"That's the thing, if he was even close to balanced that site might have a future even if BA gets punted.
The way they carry on,bas soon as BA is boned and they lose access to the Eels training etc, that site may cease to exist."
6 minutes ago
"😂😂😂
Never has the game seem such a quality coach as BA."
9 minutes ago
The Badger replied to Nitram's discussion Canberra won, what now?
"Falling into the pattern of whoever we play tend to lose the following week. 
Only Penrith and Raiders (golden point over Titans) have won the week after playing us. 
Why is it so ....FIIK!!"
16 minutes ago
More…