Replies

  • Great news on all 3. I'm suprised many don't think Moretti is a good keep. He is just coming to age for Prop forwards (Mid 20's) and runs some great lines. I think he needs to have Williams show him the ropes and Luca, Teacum and Tuivaiti need to have Leniu show them some mongrel. Su'a will also help with all 3's development. 

    The Eels are looking good in the forwards and now need a good strike centre and possibly another winger to replace JAC, whether that be next season or the one after. 

  • Don't need Moretti now we have Leinu, unless he's Leinu's shadow & plays Reggie's. Need some workers too. Excited to see what Koina can bring in the years to come.

    • I think Moretti this year is handy. But yeah with Doorey, Pryke, Talagi and Koina, he could be expendable. Though if they choose to keep him for a year or two, why not.

      Pryke is our worker, Lokeni can be that too if he gets game time.

      • I'd be curious to know who out of our forwards is the quickest over 20 metres. My gut feeling is it would be Moretti, I'd be inclined to hang on to him for that reason alone as a bit of a project player.

        • over 20m

          1. Williams
          2. Moretti
          3. Doorey 

          over 100m

          1. wiliams
          2. doorey
          3. moretti

           

          • You're probably right eyeball test Moretti is pretty quick off the mark, Williams might have him. Look at how Williams has blossomed under Ryles.

            I do wonder if there's a correlation between these types of athletes and increased handling errors. It kinda makes sense I guess when you do everything at break neck speed the chances are higher - something to work on for Ryles. I just think when we have a player with these physical traits (which to a large extent cannot be trained) we should hang on to them unless there's really no future in it.

      • Surely Doorey is on the outer.  He seems to never finish a season without major injuries.   I highly doubt Doorey is in front of Morretti 

        • Ryles seems to like him though. Played a bit in 25' and was in initial 17 before injury this year.

    • Moretti will hit his prime years this in 27

  • Looks like we are pretty good in the forwards atm, rush needs to get some outside backs that's we are lacking the most atm. Not much available for next year. Maybe get Skelton and Jaxon Paulo for next year, use only for some depth. 

    1: I Longi 

    2: J Skelton/ Paulo

    3: W Penisini

    4: J Samrina 

    5: B Simonson/ Kelly 

    Addo Carr will be suspended i reckon 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

JC replied to Roy tannous's discussion Harry grant to knights??
"Who is Barry toohey?"
22 minutes ago
Yehez replied to Roy tannous's discussion Eels in talks to resign Jack Williams Luca Moretti and Sam tuivati
"I think Samrani should be long term winger, we have a lot of backrower depth and we need to get a gun left centre. 
If we can only get that centre for 2028 (say Best), then play Samrani centre in 2027 and let addocarr/skelton for LW then move…"
24 minutes ago
Parraboy replied to Cʜɪᴇғy Mclovin's discussion Mike Rush was a done deal at Parramatta by February/March this year
"let's hope he makes us succeed "
48 minutes ago
Cʜɪᴇғy Mclovin posted a discussion
Why do I say this - *Rush had known links with Ryles and it was obvious Parramatta had stagnated as a club under Sarantinos. * Rush announces in February that he'd steeped down from St Helens after 27 years stating emotional exhaustion. * This gave…
53 minutes ago
More…